Total Pageviews

Sunday 29 January 2012

Vintage Aloysius - Sunday 29th January 2012

Morning!


Today I am sharing the first of the 'projects' I made this week, when I decided to use my day off work, as also a day off from commissions and have a 'play' with some new stamps...


I just got this stamp from Indigo Blu and I think he is so cute! He is based on the teddy with the same name from Brideshead Revisited and he really has that 'antique' and much loved old teddy look about him. In fact he reminds me of my old teddy, who has been with me since my first Christmas and has the very boring name of Ted!! I digress...








I stamped him with black archival ink and coloured him lightly with tea dye distress ink, using a brush and tiny drop of water. I wanted it to retain the 'shabby' look and because the shadow areas are so heavy and the stamp is such good quality, it's easy to achieve with this image. Next I die cut it using the largest of the Spellbinders Labels Four Small dies and distressed the edge using a mixture of distress inks" antique linen and tea dye. Because I needed a slightly larger die of the same shape to frame it, I cut a faux die from the Spellbinder using some light brown card from stash and I distressed the edge in with the same mix of colours.


To follow through with the antique feel, I covered the base of the card with some scrap booking paper I had in my stash. It was another one of those 12x12 sheets that I really loved, but had never found the right use for. The colour is gorgeous but more than that, it also has a lovely feel to it - a slightly raised effect,almost giving it the feel of linen. Only another crafter will know what I mean by the feel of paper!


I gave it a lace border, again for the vintage look and then I used Vintage Ribbon in a lovely choclatey( if that's a real word!) brown across the top. I added a bow, tied with the ribbon and a wooden heart button from stash to finish it off.


No greeting, I wanted to leave the 'occasion' open to choice...used in different ways this stamp has so many possibilities...male or female, adult or child and I think I will try a baby card next...you could add a blue or pink bow to make the bear in to a boy or girl!


Carole x

No comments:

Post a Comment