Total Pageviews

Sunday 26 February 2012

Birthday Blues! 26th February

Hello!


I hope you are enjoying your weekend..thank you for dropping by my blog. I hope you like what you see and will come back...follow me and leave comments!


Following on from yesterday, today's card is the second part of a commission for two cards for the same person.


As I said yesterday, the hardest part is making the cards 'different'. Yesterdays was heavily floral and pink, so for the second card I chose shades of blue and this is the result.


The base layer is a rich blue textured card and I matted and layered this with white Centura Pearl card that I had embossed with  Spellbinders Grand Impressabilities, Flower Delights. I then cut three nesties in different sizes using the Grand Ovals die and the same blue card as the first layer, pale blue glitter card and white card distressed around the edges with Weathered Wood distress ink (I printed the greeting on the top layer). The little flowers and the birds were cut using the  Spellbinders Cuckoo Clock die.


The finishing touches to this card are a large double bow, tied using  beautiful Vintage Ribbon and some little faux pearls.


Carole X

2 comments:

  1. Another lovely card , this lady will be thrilled. You did a good job there Carole.
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete