Total Pageviews

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Birthday Owl - 22nd February

 Hello!


I'm late today...no work, but quite a few orders to get cracking on and Sue Wilson has the Pick of the Day on Ideal World/Create and Craft, so it's been quite a perfect day really! I will be sharing today's creations over the next few weeks...and yes, I was tempted by some Spellbinders last night. Fortunately it's my birthday next month!!!!


Today's card is a 6x6  card that was made for a friend's birthday. I started by running some dusky pink coredinations card through my Grand Calibur using the Floral Delight Grand Impressabilities embossing die and then sanded it to raise the image.


I printed an owl from my Polkadoodles Sugar Babies CD and cut it out. I then cut and embossed a Spellbinders Lacey Ovals die. This is one of the dies I have always had problems releasing the card from - no matter how careful I am it breaks. Today on TV Sue Wilson suggested using some greaseproof paper over the die and I have been trying it with todays cards and baking parchment  - it works! I have had 100% success rate with my more intricate dies today.

I shaded the outer edge of the die cut with Spun Sugar distress ink and then cut the flowers from Spellbinders Floral Creations, put layered them to make just one flower, the card is white, finished off with Spun Sugar.

Finally I  taped brown and pink polkadot ribbon across the centre of the card and matted and layered the card with the die-cut, image and flower. A few pieces of card candi finished the card. 

Bye for now,
Carole X

4 comments:

  1. Love the flower on this one Carole and the owl looks like it has been shimmered, its a cute image.I love the embossing sanded on the cordinations its lovely.
    Ive been watching Sue Wilsn today too, I couldnt afford the deal but managed to get Sue's dies, so am looking forwards to them coming.
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elaine, yes I just ordered a set of dies and the card, which I have been hoping would be on for so long! I should have said in my post that I printed the owl on Centura Pearl card, not something I often do but it worked with this image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card today. I have these dies also, but in the circles and they are lovely. Also sheen watching Sue today for lots of inspiration!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Yes it has been a really inspirational day... Sue must be worn out now! X

    ReplyDelete