Total Pageviews

Monday 27 February 2012

Bluebelle Hen - 27th February

Morning Bloggers!

I have posted cards using this little hen stamp before, but I made this one recently for a friend's birthday. Some of you will know that we keep pet hens; our 'old girl', Buffy is 5 years old and a big, beautiful Bluebelle. Her colours vary through her plumage from a soft grey to a deep lavender blue and the reason I tried to emulate the colours in my card is that my friend also keeps a couple of Bluebelles....


This is a 6x6 card and for the base layer I used some pretty vintage 'country style' paper from my stash box. I distressed the edges with Milled Lavender distress ink. I stamped the image on Neneh White card and coloured the hen with a both Promarkers and Flexmarkers. It actually took a while to get the colours and shading as I wanted, despite the image being quite small, but I was very pleased with the end result!


This little stamp was a free gift with Craft Stamper magazine a few months ago and I really like using it. I cut the image using Spellbinders Teardrop Circles and again shaded the edges with Milled Lavender.


I finished off with a little edge of lace to follow through the Vintage theme and made a flower using pages from an old Thomas Hardy novel made with very thin paper, that I picked up for pence in a charity shop. I used the three smallest layers from the Spellbinders Anemone die, held together with a small brad and scrunched together to make a crumpled flower.

Carole X

No comments:

Post a Comment