Total Pageviews

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Little Bird - 7th February

Morning!


This is a Spellinders die - Bird Sanctuary - that I got late last year and have hardly had a chance to 'play with' - but I love it and I can see that it is one I will use more and more. I have a bird and cage with the Cricut, but whilst my little machine is something I use almost every time I craft, my Grand Calibur gets used every time and the difference is..you can emboss and it makes a big difference!

This is a 6x6 twisted easel: I used like paper with a faded floral pattern to cover the base and another lilac paper, this time with an embossed glittery floral design to the side. This was from my much used Desert Blooms pad and was just what I needed to make the background 'pop'. I cut and embossed the cage and small bird on to plum coredinations paper, which instead of sanding I sprayed lightly with Crafters Companion 'Spray and Sparkle' multicolour. I typed and printed the greeting and cut it using Labels Four Small. I also cut a faux die around it in the plum card. The greeting label and the edges of the whole card were coloured with a mixture of Spun Sugar and Milled Lavender distress inks.

The ribbon is gorgeous...its one of those double-sided silk ribbons, a dark and light colour. I got it locally in Out of the Blue, Chipping Sodbury

I really enjoyed making this card...hope you like it!
Carole Z



No comments:

Post a Comment