Total Pageviews

Thursday 9 February 2012

Rock On! 9th February

Morning! 


Hope you are all keeping warm out there! If you are reading this and like me, take commissions for cards, you may get asked to make cards that are way out of your 'comfort zone'. I do, often. But the thing about making cards as commissions is that it not only keeps you on you toes with different techniques and styles, but you learn to work to a deadline. Over the years I have discovered that I am some times at my best when I have a specific and small amount of time to create a card.


The remit for this one was anything to do with Elvis and for my ability to create it, I have to thank My Craft Studio (MCS) for the art work.


I started with a of teal card on an 8x8 blank.I cut the rectangular shapes using the deckle edged blade on my cutter (I use a Purple Cow guillotine/ cutter - have had it years). The image of the Elvis figure was printed on to card and then cut and the greeting also came from the same MCS programme. I added all the elements at angles to give the card movement. The 'rock on' boots, guitar and name were all cut using my Cricut. For a final touch I added small amounts of Cosmic Twinkles glitter over the starbursts.


This card took a long time to get going, but like with most projects, once I got the idea I found I was on a roll!
Carole X

No comments:

Post a Comment