Total Pageviews

Monday 20 February 2012

Too Much Cake! - 20th February

Morning Bloggers and Crafters!


So here we are, another Monday morning and the start of a working week, when I really want to be in my craft room making cards! Todays card is another one of those cards, that took quite a while and was made 'just because'....


First of all, apologies for photography, not one of my best efforts! This card is 6x6, covered with paper from stash. I just wanted something pale pink, but not completely blank and as I had already planned on adding the little roses, this paper seemed to fit the need exactly. I then added a smaller square of polkadot card from stash, but I think it was originally printed from one of my Polkadoodles CDs and left over from another project. I made tiny holes around the edge with my trusty pokey tool and Tim Holz ruler and made faux stitches with a white jelly roll pen.


The little mouse, who has undoubtedly eaten too much cake, is of course, a stamp from the House Mouse range, which I coloured with Promarkers and cut out using a Spellbinders Grand Nestie Ovals die. I shaded the edges with a Spun Sugar distress ink and then added Cosmic Sparkle to the icing. I mounted the  Oval on the card using sticky pads to give it a bit of height. Using a scrap of card from my odd bits stash box, I cut a scalloped circle using a punch and tucked it behind the oval. There were still some odd bits of the glitter card left, so I cut out the two flowers.


For the greeting, I cut the base polkadot circle from  the Spellbinders Teardrop Circles set and printed the greeting from a Polkadoodles CD, cut out the circle and mounted it on the base circle. The final touches were the roses and ribbons, all from stash.


Hope you like it - happy Monday!
Carole Z

No comments:

Post a Comment