Total Pageviews

Tuesday 6 March 2012

18th Birthday Easel Card - 6th March

Morning!


Today's card is a fun 18th birthday card I made recently for a commission. One of the recipient's likes was listed as her blue car...so that was a starting point for me! I went through a phase where almost every card I made was an easel, but I hadn't made one in a while...



I started with an 8x8 blank and covered the base and upper half with some paper from stash...I have an apology here as I think it was originally printed from one of my craft CDs and I have no idea which! It may well be a Pink Petticoat design. The girl is a Pink Petticoat digital stamp that I coloured using Promarkers. The car is an image from Polkadoodles Paper Boutique Volume 1. I decoupaged it, added a wire steering wheel and the birthday girl's name and age to the number plate.
I then cut a large '18' with my little Cricut on to Coredinations card and used an M-Bossability (Splendid) to emboss it and give it some lift and finally sprayed it with stick and spray. I printed the greeting on to white card stock and die cut it using Spellbinders Labels Four Small, The little flower is also cut from a Spellbinders die. For finishing touches I added some turquoise gemstones, a blue diamanted brad, ribbon from stash and Cosmic Sparkle on the 'icing'.


Thanks for stopping by,
Carole X

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, as is yesterday's card! I have just purchased some spellbinders and want some more, they are so useful!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB 18th card for Gabbey, Carole its lovely.
    I also like the wedding LOTV one yesterday. You make such lovely cards well done .
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both of you...much appreciated X

    ReplyDelete