Total Pageviews

Friday 9 March 2012

Ahoy there Matey! 9th March

Good Morning to ya!


Today's card was made from scraps left over from a large pirate themed birthday card that had been commissioned for a little boy. The only part of the card that was not a 'left over' is the stamp. I had used the same stamp on the earlier card and wanted to incorporate it here. It's one of the Lilli of the Valley (LOTV) stamp collection. I do love their cute little images,which actually lend themselves to going overboard with the embellishments because they still pop out, never seem 'swamped'!
The stamped image was coloured with Promarkers and then I tore all around the card and inked the edges with denim distress ink. The skull and cross bones paper was downloaded from Crafts-u-Print. I couldn't believe that amongst all my CD's there wasn't anything suitable for a little boy's pirate card, the closest I came was a super design for a teenage girl on Debbi Moore's Funky Diva CD. I had used that quite a lot in the past and one day soon, I will put one up here, but the papers didn't suit a little boy card.

However on Crafts-u-Print I was quite spoilt for choice and decided on the Little Monkey Pirate Aventure Pack as it has a super selection of papers  that I will use again and again...all important when considering buying stash. The brown card with the wording was not from this pack, I got this from a pad of boy themed card I had in my stash.

I cut a rectangle from blue card (also from the boys paper pad) slightly larger than the stamped piece and then faux stitched with white jelly roll pen around the edge. I  then cut a slightly larger piece in black to matt and layer on the front of the card. The silver mirror card edge was cut using a Martha Stewart Punch.

A black velvet feel ribbon was used to divide the two papers and a skull and crossbones flag was cut from the background paper. I cut the skull and crossbones and the flourish with my Cricut (remember all these bits were extras from the bigger card) and the buttons, bakers twine and knotted rope were all from stash.

The big circle was cut using a punch and I know what you're thinking....no Spellbinders die??? Wrong!
I cut the inner black scalloped shape and the white scalloped shape with the typed greeting using my Peony die!

This was just a fun, wind down card that I just enjoyed putting together at the end of a day working on commissions...often I find it so satisfying to just make one I can add to my craft fair box or box for cards to send for a charity I try to support (though never get enough sent off to)....


Have a good Friday and thanks for dropping by!


Carole X

No comments:

Post a Comment