Total Pageviews

Sunday 11 March 2012

Christening card - 11th March

Morning!


I have decided to post a card rather than another project today after all, one I made for a commission recently and hadn't got around to sharing.

This is an 8x8 card, my size of choice for a large card, which I covered with some pink paper I had in my pinks collection! I cut a rectangle of plain pink card, which co-ordinated well with the check and matted and layered this with white card, with edges softened with spun sugar distress ink and finally white card embossed using an M-Bossability. I added a little strip of lace to the lower edge before adding it to the card.


The imaged is a Lilli of the Valley (LOTV) stamp, coloured with Promarkers and shaded with a mix of Spun Sugar and Milled Lavender distress inks after die cutting using a Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles die, which is in turned layered over the the plain pink card, cut with a larger die from the same set. I time a gingham bow around the layer before adding to the card. Finally I added some little roses, buttons and pearls from stock and printed the greeting before die-cutting with Spellbinders Labels Four Small.


Today I will be crafting most of the day as I still have a lot of deadlines to make for commissioned Mothering Sunday cards, plus I am working on a special Alice in Wonderland (a la Tim Burton!) themed birthday card, which I will share with you in a few weeks time!


Have a super Sunday and thanks for visiting my blog.. would love you to follow and leave comments!


Carole X

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Carole! You have reminded me that I have this stamp somewhere also, must find it! Lovely choice of colours!X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carole the rectangle die is FAB Its on my wish list. Gorgeous card, beautiful pastel shades I love it.
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete