Total Pageviews

Sunday 18 March 2012

Happy Mother's Day - 18th March

Good afternoon to you!


I'm not going to spend too long here today, Mothering Sunday holds mixed emotions for me since losing my own Mum in 2007. On the one hand it is lovely to be able to thank my Mother-in-Law, who I love very much, is a lovely, popular person who is liked by everyone and who along with my Father-in-Law does so much for us and on the other hand, whilst I still miss my own Mum every day, special days like this and birthdays make missing her especially hard.


Whilst Dad was the artist, who encouraged me in all my interests in art and beyond, we lost him way too soon and a long time ago.  But Mum was always there to be the first one to see a new card design, help me bag them up for craft fairs and after she passed away, we found a large drawer filled with every card I had made for her, right back to my first attempts. Bless you Mum for your encouragement and love.


Today, I am sharing the card I made for my Mum in law, Goldie, who I also know, keeps every one X


If you read this are a Mum, I hope you are having a wonderful day,
Carole X



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous embossing, lovely ribbon, fabulous card Carole I love it.
    How sad that you Mum isn't with you anymore , it must be so hard for you today.
    I'm sending loads of hugs your way today Carole
    Hugs elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Elaine, so much...Tom's Mum loved her card X

    ReplyDelete