Total Pageviews

Thursday 8 March 2012

little brown bear - 8th March

Hello!


A quick card for today! Just lately I have been receiving a high number of commissions, which is great, but with having to work at a day job in-between (!),  has left me little time to play. Yesterday, for example I spent the entire day creating three commissioned cards. The hardest part is staring at the order and trying to create a design in my head, sketching it and getting started. Once I get past that stage, it's usually all systems go. If I'm asked for something really specific I have to confess, I often cringe, whereas a general idea is a great starting point! One of the cards I made yesterday was a child's pirate theme..that was a lot of fun to make and I had just the stamp I needed. That card will be revealed at a much later date, but look here tomorrow for a smaller card I made with left over pieces of paper and card at the end of the day!


Something I do if I can after a day of making cards for commissions is to 'wind down' by making a quick card for my craft fair box or the  box my husband keeps at work. I don't always get the chance, but there have been a few nights of football on TV this week, so I didn't feel guilty about insisting he watched it on the big TV whilst I disappeared to the craft room! 
This card I made a couple of nights ago from left overs...
The last time I made a card for my blog featuring this adorable little bear (Aloysius) from Indigo Blu, I stamped him on silk art card and coloured him with tea-dye distress ink a few times ahead of making more cards.


This time I die-cut him inside a Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles die and distressed the edges with tea-dye. This is part of the set of dies I bought recently from Create and Craft as part of my birthday present (It's not my birthday until the 19th, but it seemed a shame to wait!). This die set is proving very useful as the largest one is really quite large and as of yet, I don't have many Grand dies. It also has a very pretty edge with a slightly 'vintage' feel.


I had been making a card where I had embossed with M-Bossability Mistique and had enough left over to cover a 6x6 card. I distressed this all over with Antique Photo ink and mounted the image in the centre.


To finish off I added a chocolate coloured piece of vintage ribbon, tied  a bow and added a button threaded with bakers twine.


Thanks for stopping by,
Carole X

No comments:

Post a Comment