Total Pageviews

Thursday 1 March 2012

Thingamajig! - 1st March

Good Morning to you...and we are in March already!


As promised, my second foray into the world of Steampunk and this is the real thing. I said that this week's cards are all projects made so that I could use new additions to my craft room and today's is extra special.


Just after Christmas I was lucky enough to be a Card Candi winner on Sue Wilsons blog. As Sue was just about to leave for the US, she asked me to choose a stamp and she would post it on her return. I love Sam Poole's stamps and saw this as a good excuse to try the Vintage Inventor Stamp set, so this was my choice and it arrived a few weeks ago...so here is  my first project using it!



The base layer is cream card which is distressed with Antique Linen distress ink. I stamped the inventor, 'Thingamajig' and the three cogs on to some Kraft card and from the remainder of the cream card I cut two dies from Spellbinders Edgeabilities Classic Postage stamp. These fit together nicely down the spine side and the edger at the top of the card is the 'waste' from the other die-cuts. I distressed all the edgers with Vintage Photo, quite deeply and roughly to emphasise the worn, industrial look.

I had some screw style brads in my box (I think they are Tim Holz) and I added three of these to the bottom of the card and one to the centre of the flowers. The little cogs are from a bag of watch parts I got really cheaply rummaging in a shop somewhere! I made the flowers using pages from my charity shop book and using the flower creations and peony Spellbinders dies, which I distressed slightly with Vintage Photo. The leaf is cut with my Cricut.

Although this is a male card, the flower and ribbon soften it a little. My final touch was adding  Olympic Gold Cosmic Shimmer to the holes created by the die to complete the industrial theme.

Carole X

For this card I used:

8x8 base card, cream card stock and Kraft card
Vintage Inventor stamp - Sam Poole 
Cosmic Shimmer PCA
Screw effect brads
Spellbinders: Edgeabilities Postage Stamp; Peony, Flower Creations
Distress inks" Antique Linen and Vintage Photo
Ribbons and brads from stash

No comments:

Post a Comment