Total Pageviews

Wednesday 28 March 2012

Tres Chique - Wednesday 28th March

Morning!


From Venice to Paris today and another card using the Sam Poole Dressform Stamps and Indigo Blu Flitterglu and gilding flakes (yes I was having a 'play' at the weekend!




I started with a base layer of cream card and shaded the edges with Tea Dye distress ink; I also inked the greeting directly on to the card using distress ink. I inked the dress form stamp and the butterfly  with Flitterglu and also the butterfly, which is from Joanna Sheen's Classic Melody stamp set. I then let the gilding flakes (Winter Dawn) do their magic!


A piece of cream card was then die-cut with Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles and shaded with Tea Dye again. The dress form and  butterfly were cut out  and stuck to the die-cut with sticky pads. A piece of ribbon and a bow were added to the card and the dress form, before the die-cut was placed. To finish off I added Vintage Bakers Twine, three little dots of gold Cosmic Shimmer and I cut the smallest die from the Romantic Rectangles set and sewed around the edge before adding three little buttons.


The buttons and Stick Pins were white, so I coloured them with a caramel Promarker.


I have the week off this week, using up leave and told Tom I would be making cards to replenish the box he keeps at work for colleagues to buy from, as well as intending to get up to date with commissions...plus I have some more 'crafty' homework to do...it's already almost Wednesday and I have accomplished so little...but let's face it, I just can't make quick cards, it's not in my DNA :) !!!! Plus I still have a poorly hen to keep checking on!


Thanks for stopping by,
Carole X

1 comment:

  1. Love it Carole! You have definitely got to grips with the flitterglu, it's amazing, well done. Not posted much as have been unwell, but hope to update my blog soon. Enjoy reading yours daily!xx

    ReplyDelete