Total Pageviews

Monday 12 March 2012

Troublemaker Tutorial - 12th March\

Hello friends on another Monday morning....but wasn't it a wonderful Spring weekend? My husband couldn't understand why I chose to spend most of it indoors crafting, but I do have a deadline for quite a few cards by the end of this week! I spend most of today on one special card...the Wonderland theme, but I can't share it here for a week or so..that's if I figure out how to photograph it!


The card I am sharing today is made using  Kenny K's 'Troublemaker' stamp from Whimsy Stamps- hope you like it! At the end, I have also added a little tutorial (the first on my blog) about matting stamps, because a few friends have asked me about it lately.
My base layer for this 8x8 card is purple paper from stash, I matted and layered this with coredinations paper, embossed with an M-Bossability and sanded to bring out a turquoise core.


I stamped the image on  Neneh card and as I wanted something for her to be leaning against, I matted her and stamped a wall from Creative Expressions Tatty Button 'worker stamps' behind her. I coloured her with Promarkers, Flexmarkers and shaded the background with Faded Denim distress ink.


The flowers were all cut from the Spellbinders Floral Creations set and the greeting was also die cut using the Peony die. I also stamped greeting tickets using Sam Poole's  Celebration Tickets stamps with Perfect Medium and embossed these in black and white. I finished off with some lace and purple satin ribbon.


Quick Tutorial


I'm adding this mostly because a couple of friends, have asked me to and because I thought it would be fun from time to time...so here you are, I know you never post messages but I also know you visit! Because you tell me!


1. First of all stamp the image that you want to be in the foreground of your design twice - once on the card you are using for the design and once on paper, preferably something like a Post it note, which is a  bit tacky on the reverse.


2. Cut out the post it note image as above and place it directly on top of the original image.
3. Take you background stamp (in this case the wall), place where you want it and stamp over the original masked image. The mask will prevent the background being stamped across the main image, which will now look like it's in the foreground.


This is a really easy effect to create once you have practiced it a few times, but if you still aren't confident, you can always stamp the background and cut out your foreground and matt and layer her in front...two ways with different effects!

Thanks for stopping by!

Carole X











No comments:

Post a Comment