Total Pageviews

Monday 5 March 2012

Wedding Day - 5th March

Good Morning!


No post yesterday, I needed time to catch up a little, plus my craft room needed a bit of a tidy (not that it looks much better now!)


Today's card features a Lilli of the Valley stamp. I always head for my box of their stamps when I want something really cute. I think they are absolutely adorable images.




First of all I stamped the image, coloured with Promarkers and cut it using the Spellbinders Heart Squares die. I shaded the edges with Spun Sugar distress ink. I then cut two of the Spellbinders Layered Flowers. Last week on Create and Craft, Sue Wilson suggested using wax paper with dies  that are intricate and hard to release. This works brilliantly, but the wax paper also has a life of it's own when used with Spellbinders. It has a lovely texture and feel. I don't use vellum much, it's just not something I like using at the moment, but this paper, has the translucent look of vellum, only thicker and I love it.


I layered an 8x8 card with pale pink polka dot paper from my stash box. It has a little motif in the corner, which I allowed to peek through when I matted and layered with plain pink card (edges distressed with Spun Sugar) and then white card, embossed with 'Splendid' M-Bossabilities. The tag is cut from Spellbinders Antique Frames and Accents and a  Spellbinders Ribbon Buckle die cut is used with the bow. I finished the card off with ribbon, flowers and pearls from my stash box and added a little glitter to the bride's head-dress and bouquet.


Hope you have a Happy Monday and thank you for visiting my blog...please leave a comment, I love to read them!


Carole X

No comments:

Post a Comment