Total Pageviews

Thursday 12 April 2012

Brits & Bikes - Thursday 12th April

Good Morning Friends!


First of all I'd like to say Thank you and welcome to my new followers..I hope you will drop by often and leave comments. I love to read them and if you like what you see please spread the word!


I try to post at least every other day, this week has been a bit busy so I've missed a few. I'm very excited today because I will be teaching my first card-making workshop tonight! I'll be teaching the workshop with my friend Amy, who owns an absolutely wonderful gift and craft shop in nearby Chipping Sodbury and who has also organised the evening. I was thrilled when Amy asked me to join her with the workshop and I think we are both nervous and excited for this evening. We have a full class and we spent all Tuesday evening making the final preparations for it.


Tomorrow, Tom and I are off to London for the weekend and will be going to the Stamp and Scrapbooking Show at Alexandra Palace. I've been to the NEC craft shows several times, but never this one, so that's something else to be excited about - however, if I'm not too tired when I get home tonight, I will post for tomorrow and report on tonight's craft class.


Today's card is one I made today for a commission..my remit was a 30th Birthday card for a male who likes motorbikes. I do use this Lambretta stamp from 'Little Claire' quite a lot, especially as it features a Union Jack - so we'll forget it's an Italian bike!




I coloured the bike with Promarkers and then cut it out using Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Rectangles and shaded the edges with faded denim distress ink, adding a mod button from stash. I cut a larger rectangular using paper from Docrafts British papers set, which is also the background. I then cut a small Labels 24. The letters and numbers were cut using the Cricut. Finally, I stamped "Happy Birthday' along the top and bottom of the card and added red, white and blue gems.


Thanks for stopping by....have a good day!
Carole X

2 comments:

  1. You are a very versatile card maker! My comfort zone are girly cards and some shabby chic, but I really struggle with male cards. You do so well with all types of cards. Lovely one today! The best of luck for this evening, enjoy it and have a great time in London, especially Alexandra Palace!X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Oksana, believe me I struggle with male too! When someone asks for one there's a deep sigh, but the good thing about working on commissions is that I have to get on and do it, which has been a really good learning curve! Last night's class was brilliant! X

    ReplyDelete