Total Pageviews

Monday 2 April 2012

Golden Wedding - Monday 2nd April

Morning Bloggers!


Well  I wonder how many others watched Sue Wilson's 6pm show on Create and Craft yesterday, in the garden on their iPad, whilst nursing one of their pet hens?! Well I certainly did! Buffy our 5 year old Bluebelle has been a bit poorly of late and in the fine weather has been enjoying an evening cuddle..she also seemed quite mesmerised by the iPad, bless.


It was quite an eventful afternoon in the garden actually -my husband, Tom whilst sorting out his plant pots inadvertently uncovered the rather large nest our very friendly robins had made and there were young inside! Fortunately he realised before touching it and they were left in peace, with both mum and dad flying back and forth all afternoon and getting some extra mealworm treats (much to the hens' annoyance because they love them to!).


Anyway, on to the card...

Today's card is a variation of yesterdays. Another commission, this one for a Golden Wedding anniversary. I made it in the same way as yesterday, except I omitted the heart circle and added a greeting cut on the Romantic Rectangles die (Spellbinders).


The quote is one of my favourites and I have it in the little book of useful quotes I keep. I have seen it used on a Golden Anniversary card before, so it wasn't an original idea to use it - had I not remembered seeing it,  I may not have looked it up.


It's actually a lyric by Carmine Coppola, who was the father of film director Francis Ford Coppola and was set to music and sung on the soundtrack of Coppola's 1983 film, The Outsiders, by Stevie Wonder. The era of the brat pack was when I really got interested in movies and stars and at the time I was a big brat pack fan!


Thanks for stopping by!
Carole X

3 comments:

  1. Stunning card Carole! That bow is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh you have the dies that are on my wwish list amongst many others. Great card Carole wel, done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to say sorry to hear buffy was poorly....hugs Elaine
    I like hens

    ReplyDelete