Total Pageviews

Wednesday 4 April 2012

New Baby Boy - Wednesday 4th April

Morning!


Aah my first favourite day of the week...I get to stay home and craft! Today's card, was made for my American cousin, Bree and her husband Jonny, in celebration of the birth of their first child. It really doesn't seem more than two years ago we were over in California celebrating their wedding!


As I write the card is on it's way to Florida, where they now live as Jon's career as a US Coastguard helicopter pilot, means they have to move wherever he is posted. Bree is a true California girl, but I guess their first move to Florida is pretty good!


I'm safe posting it, as I'm sure they won't be looking here...


This is an 8x8 card, covered with blue polkadot paper I printed from DoCrafts Digital Designer - Me to You. I think I have said before, that I do have a lot of craft CDs and they do come in useful, but I use them a lot for papers...there is usually something suitable.


I also printed the matching plain blue, but a smaller layer and using the Tim Holz ruler made tiny stitching holes..to think I used to do this freehand!


I took some of the Coredinations polkadot paper in yellow and die-cut this with Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles. This was primarily my choice for this card because it seemed to fit perfectly with the stamp. The stamp is another Lilli of the Valley, which I clouded with Promarkers and die-cut with a smaller nestie. I used some lace to make a border around the larger die-cut and added the flowers before attaching it all to the card.


Finally I added three miniature polkadot buttons and a double bow with a larger button tied with some embroidery thread.


I was really pleased with the finished card, hope you like it!


Thanks for stopping by,
Carole X

2 comments:

  1. FAB card Carole, love that rectangle die and the way you have embossed it. The lace is fab and I adore that image its on my wish list.
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! The lace is lovely in the background!x

    ReplyDelete