Total Pageviews

Friday 27 April 2012

Sarah Kay (1) - Friday 27th April

Hello Friends,

Well I promised I'd be back today with a card that is much more 'me', though as I confessed yesterday, I do like manga art/anime quite a lot too!! But, give me a girly, floral project with Spellbinders,Promarkers and ribbons and I'm a very happy gal...in fact the only item missing from this card is ribbon, because for once, I thought it would be that little bit too much.

I have titled this Post Sarah Kay (1) because on various days over the next week or so, I will be uploading a series of different cards using the same stamp! I've been having a play with this Sarah Kay image from Stampavie, just to try out possible designs for our next workshop..and that is all I am saying about the workshop, the final cards and dies chosen to use there won't be uploaded to my blog until after the workshop in May.

I have no idea why, but this is the first time I have used a Stampavie stamp; I have watched Mel Heaton bring them to Create and Craft and really admired her demos and examples, but until our local shop, Out of the Blue, started stocking them, I hadn't seen them in the shops. However, having used this one I can safely say it certainly won't be the last! Apart from the stamp itself being the super high quality that Mel has always professed, I really like the cute Sarah Kay design images. Followers will know that I'm a big fan of LOTV as far as stamping goes and I think these images lend themselves to the same type of cards.

On to my first card...and what fun I had making it, with everything I already had in my stash box!

 I always choose my paper/card before colouring, otherwise it's a lot of time wasted finding colours to match...it's far easier to match the Promarkers. I decided on a twisted easel style card and covered the base and front triangle with some paper I had recently got free in a pad with a magazine. I then used a Grand Oval die to cut from purple pearlescent card. I stamped the image on cocoanut white card and coloured with the Promarkers: Ivory, Blush (skin), Sandstone, Cinnamon, Chestnut, (hair), Satin, Ivory (underclothes), Lavender, Bluebelle, Amethyst (pinafore,bow, doll) Caramel, Sandstone (shoes), Pale Pink, Baby Pink (doll).


After colouring I used the next size down in Grand Ovals to cut the image out and shaded the edges with Milled Lavender distress ink. Then, using cocoanut white again, I die-cut from the Antique Frame and Accents set, the Frame. I cut this in half to make a faux stand for the card.
The frame was adhered to the back of the Grand die and then I cut another die from the same purple card stock to stick to the back and hide the mess within!

To finish off I used mulberry roses in a lavender colour, some craft flowers and gems, all from stash and made a small pink simple ribbon rose. Finally cut the small butterfly from the Spellbinders Fanciful Flight set to balance the roses I had added to the top of the frame.

Hope you like this and thank you for visiting!
Carole X

3 comments:

  1. Lovely style of card! Never tried this shape or these stamps! Beautiful colouring!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole,
    Another lovely card and I love the lilac and white, they are so clean and crisp
    Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol, Sorry I havnt been around for a bit, I am slowly catching up on everyone’s blogs I am following,
    You work is FAB as always that little girls stamp you have been using a lot isnt she gorgeous , she is going on my wish list !! Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete