Total Pageviews

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Circles of Fun! HMFMC120 - Weds 30th May

Hello Blog Friends!

I've been 'missing' for a few days, but instead of being out enjoying the sunshine I've been busy in the craft room! Today's card was made for the current House Mouse Challenge, "Circles/Polka Dots and all round Fun".... and it was just a so much fun to make! I decided to go to town on the circles theme as you can see..maybe a bit OTT, but I was having such a good time I just couldn't stop!!!

First of all I stamped the Autumn Tumble design...I coloured it with Promarkers and decided to turn the autumnal berries into summer fruits (well why not?) - these little mice are having a bit of summer frolicking :). I punched it with a circle punch and then cut two slightly larger Spellbinder Teardrop Circle dies in a plain green textured card. I then cut more from the same set of dies in a mixture of cream card, coredinations polka dots and the same textured green.

For the main background of the easel I used the polka dot card...I love this coredinations pad, when the dots are sanded and raised the effect is fabulous and so tactile, I really wanted this to be a tactile card....with movement...

Now to put the card together...I adhered the image to one of the teardrop circle dies and the fixed a brad to the back centre. Then I took the second die cut of the same size, pierced a hole in the centre and threaded the brad through. Once the circle was fixed to the card with the brad, it would turn around when touched so that the mice actually spin!

I did exactly the same with the remaining die cuts, which are fixed with brads so that all the circles turn.



I know still photos don't really explain, but hope they help with the imaginations!
To finish off I used cream card as the main card 'blank', covered the base with some green and pink dotty paper from stash...perfect as the hint of pink co-ordinated with the berries! Some polka dot ribbon was tied around the easel and I added a green button from my button jar threaded with bakers twine, to the bow.

Finally I found a huge green button, added a bit of bakers twine and sewed it to a scalloped polka dot circle. The cream teardrop circle and bakers twine were coloured with shabby shutters distress ink.  

Thanks for stopping by!
Carole X

I would like to enter this card into the
House Mouse Monday Challenge

"Circles Polka Dots and all round Fun: HMFMC120



7 comments:

  1. Wow, Carol, your circle and dotty card is fantastic! Love the bright green color and that image is adorable. Thanks for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow love the green and so many lovely circles with a super circular image and great colouring on it, thank you so much for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Carole !! I love the way you have made the mice actually roll !! sooo clever !! I LOVE it !! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So vibrant and fun. Great easel fold. Thanks for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Blog CHallenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carole this care is DARLING! I love all of the circles and polka dots and such a creative and fun way to create this challenge. WONDERFUL card! Thank you for sharing your artwork and joining in the fun at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge blog!

    Cheers!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute image! Great easel card!

    ReplyDelete