Total Pageviews

Thursday 31 May 2012

Sunday Stamper Week 207: Words - Thursday 31st May

Hi Blog Friends,


The good thing about working part time is that if I take a few days off, I don't use up too much holiday..especially when part of it is using up the extra hours I've worked and there's a nice long bank holiday...so I worked Monday and am now having a nice long break until 11th June! Tom has Friday and the Bank Holiday off and we had family and neighbours coming in on Monday for a little  Jubilee fundraising garden party, but other than that...it's all about catching up with my crafts!


Today's card was made as my contribution for Hels Sheridan's Sunday Stampers. I only started to create for challenges a short while ago and I wish that amongst the commissions and preparations for our workshops, I had more time to do devote...hopefully a catch up break from the work that pays for my crafts, will get me up to date and give me that time!


The theme this week is "Words' and this is my creation....


 First of all I die cut the front of the card shape using Clarity Card and Grand Labels 23 and decided on a dark purple textured card for the back. I stamped the heart and words from Wendy Vecchi's Studio 490 'Love to Make a Art' stamp with Versamark on to  the Clarity Card and then used Mountain Meadow Big & Juicy and a brayer to create the background and resist with the image. The leaves, from the same stamp were stamped with Perfect Medium and heat embossed using Tim Holz 'worn paper' distress powder, which gives a really rough feel to the design. 


I stamped the word LISTEN again and die cut the bird from the Spellbinders Bird Sanctuary set and distressed both with a mixture of Milled Lavender and Bundled Sage distress ink. I then took some gorgeous multi-faceted ribbon from my ribbon box. This ribbon is also wired, so it is malleable. I made a small ribbon rose to place on the heart, punched two holes in the side of the card, which I finished off with dark purple eyelets, added some ribbon and a button heart...then I found the rusty tin heart in my 'arty bits' box and decided this had to be the finishing touch!


Thanks for stopping by!
Carole X


I've made this card as my Contribution to Sunday Stampers

6 comments:

  1. Wow, this is stunning, fab use of 490! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Carole. Such pretty colours too. I have chosen the same Word as you. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card Carole! I also try to do as many challenges as possible as it pushes our 'crafting boundaries'!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole ,
    Well , I’m back and I have the rest of today free so as to catch up on everyone’s creations since I have been away refurbishing my old house.
    I adore reading the blog’s and looking at all the lovely cards and projects, almost as much as making the cards myself.
    Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog , its so nice to keep in touch.
    Wow Carole , have you been busy since I have been away , what fab creations , love the house mouse card its my fav ,this card is gorgeous ,what a fantastic design and so regal with that plush velvet. Enjoy your weekend with your family
    Great work well done ,
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. so gorgeous, love the rich lush colours you've used and the details is fabulous hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carole, this is beautiful, I thought that the front of the card was velvet at first, love it! Anne x

    ReplyDelete