Total Pageviews

Sunday 24 June 2012

Card making' mamas colour challenge 48 - Sunday 24th June

Good evening blog friends,


Today I made a few Christmas cards...check out tomorrow's blog for my first seasonal offering! 


This morning I was inspired by Elaine's blog post http://wheelerscraftiness.blogspot.co.uk and reference to a challenge at  http://cardmakinmamas.blogspot.co.uk/ the theme 'red, white and blue'..like a lot of us Brits this year I have been really enjoying making cards celebrating our heritage and incorporating the 'oh so trendy' Union Jack (and long may the trend remain!)..and what a super challenge blog it is too! Whilst I was there I checked out the digital stamp site bugaboo stamps, http://www.bugaboostamps.com/ where I found a digi stamp for a shoe, just what I'd been looking for to suit another project....and as I looked at the image after downloading, the inspiration for this card and my entry for the challenge came to mind.....


For this card I used paper from DoCrafts Digital Designer, Portobello Road collection as the background and digitally embossed the paper with a floral Union Jack (unfortunately it doesn't show up so well in the photo). I made a rosette using the same paper and also die cut an accent from Spellbinders. The sentiment is stamped in denim and cranberry distress ink, using a Portobello Road stamp.


The main image is the shoe digital stamp from bugboostamps, which I coloured red, white and blue with letraset  Flex-markers and then went over the red sections with an embossing pen and embossed with red sparkle embossing powder. To finish off I added a big red, white and blue bow and covered the centre with a Union Jack button (as I did the rosette) and a red gem. I also added a flag charm and ribbon to the die cut.


This was a fun card!


I wish to enter this in card makin' mamas challenge no 48, red, white and blue


http://cardmakinmamas.blogspot.co.uk/






Thanks for stopping by,
Carole X

3 comments:

  1. Carole this is just fabulous love all the little trinkets and that rosette is fab well done, love the shoe too Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole
    Fabulous card and that is one awesome pair of shoes (well one shoe anyway...LOL!)
    Good luck in the challenge.
    Congrats on winning the Candy on my blog. Enjoy
    Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! Love the ribbon on the shoe. Thanks for joining in at Card Makinin Mamas.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete