Total Pageviews

Wednesday 20 June 2012

Keep-sake Book - Weds 20th June

Morning Blog friends!


Not a card today but a little keepsake book cover I made after rummaging through all my scrapbooking stash and finding a couple of board books that were just crying out "why have you abandoned us? We just want to be decorated, embellished, prettied up!" So who am I to ignore such a plea?!!!


This started out as a plain white BoBunny board book and whilst I was searching for inspiration I came across a card design in this month's copy of Simply Cards & Papercraft and as soon as I saw it, I thought what a lovely cover for a keepsake book it would make, so I changed a few things here and there and adapted it.



 First of all I took some paper from stash and covered both the back and front of the book cover and then distressed all around the edges of the board pages and cover with a mixture of Spun Sugar and Tattered Rose distress inks, just to give it a vintage aged look.

I coloured some American Seam Binding with the same inks and set it along the edge nearest the spine, then I added a layer of vintage lace and an edge die from Spellbinders Antique Frame and Accents. I used a Heart Circle die off centre and this is coated with micro beads with a  paper rose embellishment made from Spiral Blossom One. The small accent dies are from assorted sets. I finished off with some little heart pearl gems and the sentiments were typed and then the tags coloured with the inks. I used the same sentiments as in the magazine  example because they were perfect for this book, which is being sent to the same couple for whom I made the  wedding card.
 
I do love using these micro beads, but you can't really see their effect in the photo. Throughout the project I used cosmic shimmer glue and red line tape.


Thanks for stopping by!
Carole X


2 comments:

  1. Hi Carole,
    Lovely idea and very clever adapting the card you saw to do the design on your book. It will be a lovely gift indeed for your friends.
    Hope you're having a good day so far.
    I have just finished my card so I am off to bed now as I was up all night, but I am feeling a little better today.
    Thanks for your lovely comments. Regards Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little book. Love the flower and all your accents. Sentiments are
    perfect

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete