Total Pageviews

Friday 22 June 2012

Workshop Photos - Friday 22nd June

Morning blog friends...


 First of all, I see I have a couple of new followers! Welcome to you, I hope you will come visit often and please let me know if you have blogs too...I love to visit other blogs and leave my own comments. Do you know? I tweet and Facebook, but blogging is best of all. I've been crafting for years, but I'm still learning so much from you all and I hope  along the way, I am being helpful to you too!


It's probably a long way off yet, but I've  decided that if/when I get to 50 followers I'm going to send a little Candi, I don't know what yet, but it'll be something nice! 


Last night  was the third card making workshop that my friend Amy (who co-owns th ewonderful local gift/craft shop, Out of the Blue, Chipping Sodbury, with her mum)and I are teaching. They have been going really well and for me, last night's was the best so far! 


We split in to two groups and this is the card my six ladies made last night. I did take some photos, but guess who took her camera and left the SD card in her computer? So I had to use my phone.



We had a summer fete theme this time, with some stamping, basic pro marker colouring and a chance to try some die-cutting, so my beloved Grand Calibur came along with me for a second time!


I did a lot of the prepping, such as the card blank aperture, but the group will stamped and coloured this quite simple image and the bunting, plus die cut and embossed the smaller shape (Labels 24), used a polka dot mask and distress inks...they all had a different 'take' on finishing the card and above all it was a lot of fun, but thats  what it's all about isn't it?!


My group of crafters, with Jennifer using the Grand Calibur

Amy with her group of ladies

My group show their finished cards (also photo below!




me showing  Jennifer how to use the GC


Thanks for stopping by!
Carole X


By the way....I'll be back later this morning with my Design Team card for the new Emergency Crafters challenge

2 comments:

  1. How fabulous Carole I love that aperture, what a great idea you see I have those dies but havnt thought of making an aperture Duhh !!! Thats why we have blogs , it opens up our minds and I love it for that , thank you for the idea Carole .
    They all look so happy creating ,what a fab group and such a lovely place to hold the meetings.
    Your card is lovely Carole I love those soft colours and the rosette just sets it all off, great work .
    Well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! Yes you must try making the aperture with your dies! It is a lovely setting for our workshops and we are getting full classes, which is fabulous! Hugs, Carole X

      Delete