Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 July 2012

Christmas Kiss - Sunday 22nd July

Hello Bloggers,


Well I am pleased to report that the Alfie concert last night was amazing..with the balmy summer evening making it all that more special. For those of you who don't know who Alfie Boe is, he is dubbed "Britain's favourite tenor', an acclaimed Opera lead tenor, last year he went into musical theatre, starring in Les Miserables (and he was fabulous) and now he is singing and recording more mainstream music, so last night was a good mix of both, plus at the end we were all treated to a min 'Prom' concert with all the favourites from Land of Hope and Glory to Jerusalem. It was an open air 'picnic' concert at Westonbirt Arboretum, which not being far from where we live is a favourite place for us to visit...so we all arrived with our chairs and food...and wine of course and had a brilliant time! I'm hoping this week that I'll get a scrapbook page made of our experience.


Now for today's card. I thought it was about time for another Christmas card and this week I have been playing about with creating backgrounds ahead of the next workshop I have been prepping for...

To create the green background I simply took a 'That Special Touch' Holly Mask, embossed a piece of card with it through my Grand Calibur and then using Shabby Shutters distress ink and a pice of Cut n Dry, I inked all over quite heavily.  Although you can't really  see in the photo, I also dusted a little green mica powder across the inked card to give it a 'glisten'.

The image is an LOTV stamp, which I coloured with Promarkers and die cut using Spellbinders Heart Squares. To finish I added ribbon, roses,gems and holly, plus an LOTV sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by!
Carole X

1 comment:

  1. Carole this is gorgeous you cannot fail to please with a LOTV stamp , super stamping by the way , my stamping is not good so hooray for digi's, if they made LOTV digi's I would be investing lots . Great card Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete