Total Pageviews

Monday 30 July 2012

Christmas Robin - Monday 30th July

Good Morning Friends!


I managed to schedule this one yesterday before our visitors arrived, I thought it about time for another Christmas card! After a great start on making Christmas cards I got busy with commissions and projects and preparing for our next card class, which is this week!




This card is the little bird on a branch stamp from Stampavie, which featured in a few of my Spring/Summer posts. When I first stamped it I thought how easy it would be to adapt for Christmas, I think the transition from the little 'blue' bird of my earlier cards to this one has been pretty successful, what do you think!? The flowers too, seemed suitable as Christmas Roses. I coloured the image with both Promarkers and Flexmarkers and cut in out on a Spellbinders Teardrop Circles die. 


The sentiment is an LOTV stamp, cut on a little Spellbinders Heart Circles die. I inked the edges of both dies with Spun Sugar distress ink and mounted my work on to a dark red card blank, then I finished off with some lush red ribbon with a green sheen and a button tied with Bakers Twine.
Same image, Summer card!


Thanks for stopping by,


Carole X

11 comments:

  1. Blimey Carole - I wouldn't have recognised this as being the same stamp! It just goes to show what a difference colours make. I love both of your cards but must admit the robin is soo beautiful - we have just had one in the garden here, he is always after the dried wire worms that we put out for him.

    I also really like the 'watercolour' effect that you have on your card. Brilliant.

    Hugs Sue P xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, yes as soon as I saw this stamp, I thought 'robin', so it was a very good buy! Carole X

      Delete
    2. Hi again, I forgot to add...we have a really tame robin, a pair this year, both would eat mealworms out of my hand and they raised two broods, bless 'em they are so cheeky! X

      Delete
  2. come see the news, Carole http://fantasticribbons.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/we-picked-5-new-dt-peeps.html
    email me at kirstywiseman.com with your address asap, please xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsty! I was so excited when I saw my name this morning..email on the way! Carole X

      Delete
  3. Just popped over to say congratulations on making the fantastic ribbons design team!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. popped across to say hello too...congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carole
    First I must say the biggest THANK YOU. I received your lovely card in the post today and it is delightful and brought a well needed smile to my face. Bless you for thinking of me, you are truly a thoughtful and generous lady. I will treasure it always and put it on my wall of fame.
    Your two cards are different but both stunning. As Sue says the stamp image looks so different and in the different setting it looks totally refreshed, Very clever.
    Again many, many thanks. I hope you are well. Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome Linda, it's good to see you back! :) X

      Delete