Total Pageviews

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Especially for You -Tuesday 10th July

Hello Bloggers!


Today's card is a birthday card, which is inspired by a card Sue Wilson posted some time ago, but I changed it a little and made it into a pop up card..it was made to give to my Mother-in-Law for her birthday this week.




I cut the card shape in cream card using Grand Labels 23 and then matted and layered in two more sizes. I edged the outer card with wild honey distress ink. The smallest layer, I embossed with a floral mat from 'That Special Touch of...' and then distressed it all over to raise the embossed surface.


The sentiment was stamped using an LOTV stamp and then die cut and framed using Labels Four Small. I added the large flower, cut with the Aster die and used a co-ordinating organza ribbon to decorate. For a finishing touch  wanted to add pins and recently I won a lovely hatpin kit from Linda's blog, but I haven't had a chance to make any as yet...the pretty glass one in the picture was one of a lovely selection that Linda made and sent me and the colours just went so well with this card. I know my mum in law will appreciate it, so I didn't hesitate to add it. Thank you Linda, they are beautiful! The other pin is one I had in stock, from Creative Expressions, which I coloured myself with a Promarker. Check out Linda's lovely cards at http://creativeharmony.blogspot.co.uk/


For the inside of the card, I cut out the pop up section and then die cut some more Aster flowers and arranged them in the centre. I used some Cosmic Shimmer Olympic Gold PVA for the centres of the flowers.


Thanks for stopping by!
Carole X

3 comments:

  1. STUNNING ....STUNNING ....STUNNING , wow Carole I love this and that flower and pop up are fabulous well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really really gorgeous Carole. I totally love the pop up centre, those flowers look superb. The distress ink is a great colour and I love the pins used - great idea to change the colour of your pearl pin with Promarkers. I think your mum-in-law is going to adore your creation.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carole,
    This is so special. I agree with Sue, your mum in law is going to adore it, you have put so much work into this.
    Thank you for mentioning my pins and blog, you are most generous. I am so pleased you found use for the pins, it is lovely to see them in situ.
    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete