Total Pageviews

Wednesday 18 July 2012

100th Birthday Card - Wednesday 18th July

Good Morning Bloggers!


Hope you are all well crafting along happily! Today's card was a commission I had recently,where I really didn't have much time to make it. I usually only make cards with two weeks notice, but as this was for a 100th birthday, I couldn't turn it down could I?


Sorry it's not much of a photo, I always find easel cards hard to photograph and this was a pretty big one at 8x8!


I started with a plain blank which I scored and folded into a basic easel; then I chose three different papers, mostly  from my 12x12 scrapbook stash to make sure I had enough for all the bits....I used a plain pale green..not turquoise as it appears in the photo! Then I used some oatmeal foundation card (2 pieces of A4) and finally some floral patterned paper that had been in my scrapbook box for a long time. It was one of those sheets that I liked at the time of buying, but had never found a use for, it has actually got a hint of glitter over it and is a lovely textured piece of card. So I thought I'd give it a go on this card.


The base was matted and layered, as was the folded side and then I cut three different sizes of Spellbinders Grand Labels 23. I typed the greeting and cut it out on Labels Four Small. The butterfly, from Spellbinders Wings of Hope is cut on the patterned paper and a layer of wax paper! I love this paper, I'm not a huge vellum fan, but I love using this with dies because of the soft waxy feel that it has. The '100' was cut on my little Cricut and I finished off with some flowers, which seemed to go with those on the paper and some gems.


Thanks for stopping by!


Carole X

3 comments:

  1. Morning Carole! A wonderful, pretty card for a very special birthday!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole, Your card is a stunning creation, love the shape of the card, the backing paper and of course, the wonderful butterfly. I love it. A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole - love this card, it is so pretty - I am sure this was really well received. I'm like you on this one, I always prefer at least 2 weeks notice but it's amazing what we can do when the pressure is on!!!

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete