Total Pageviews

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Kingfisher - Tuesday 24th July

Good Morning Blog Friends!


Another Pilkington Wildlife Stamp from Stamps Away today, this time coloured with Promarkers and Flexmarkers. I spent ages with this stamp trying to recreate the technique Ally showed on TV last week with a sandwich bag to create water and stamping a reflection, but was never happy with the result, so I'll keep persevering!


For the background I used a That Special Touch, leaves mask over a  piece of card and spritzed it with Egyptian Blue Cosmic Mist. I wanted it to have a mottled, messy effect, so that it gives the impression of leaves in water. The mist really shimmers, but of course the photo doesn't show this.


I stamped the image with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and then coloured it with Promarkers, although for the water and sky I used Flexmarkers. I wanted the wings of the kingfisher to shimmer, so I tried using a glue pen, rubbing in some aqua cosmic shimmer powder and then going over the top with a lighter blue Promarker. It 'sort of' worked and the wings on the finished card shimmer when you move the card in the light, as does the background.


The sentiment is from a Creative Expressions stamp set.


Thanks for stopping by!


Carole X

3 comments:

  1. I don't have these stamps Carole but I really like them since I've seen your last two cards - methinks they will be on my wish list! Like the background effect - it certainly looks dappled. Have your tried Sakura Gel pens - there is a Stardust selection and I have used these myself, they can be watered as well and create a lovely shimmer effect.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    PS Congratulations - I think you were the lucky one to win Hels' demo card yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was? OH my! I got home from work, put in on, sent the email and then before the end, I had to go into the garden to see what my hens were clucking about, so I missed that bit! Yay!!!!!!! Thanks for letting me know! Bet the nature reserve was great...we don't live far from Slimbridge Wetlands Trust, which is also awesome X

      Delete
  2. PPS We have just been up to Attenborough Nature Reserve in Nottingham. They have loads of water birds up there and the colours are amazing - just a small drake has iridescent feathers. There were huge dragonflies and butterflies - so I really believe the sentiment in your card.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete