Total Pageviews

Monday 9 July 2012

London Calling! - Monday 9th July

Good morning blog friends!

This card is my design team card for Emergency Crafters, http://emergencycrafterschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/  the theme is London Callling, so we are looking for London projects (it doesn't have to be a card). It is also a card I would like to enter into this week's Allsorts Challenge with the theme Red, White and Blue.




I chose to go all out for London...I've been lucky enough to visit some of the most famous cities in the world, a few of them many times because of family connections, but it's always London that still gives me a 'tingle' when we visit - a real 'buzz' . So of course I am so happy for all the euphoria around the UK and London this year and I just had to buy this stamp set from Clarity Stamps when we were at the Alexandra Palace Stamping show earlier this year!

Barbara Gray's artwork and stamping techniques always leave me in awe, but to sit and watch her demo this stamp 'live' was incredible. I have used it a few times and am still trying to perfect the effects you can get with it, but I did make quite a few to sell for charity at our Jubilee Fundraiser in June and they all sold.

The details....

This is an 8x8 card, which I started off by layering blue and white card from stash and a red/white check from the Docrafts Portobello Road 12x12 paper collection. I then switched to Docrafts Digital Designer Portobello Road and used a design from the papers, which I faded considerably and overlaid with some London images from the digital stamps. The bunting is also from the same programme and I added the '2012'. I also added a few embossed stamps from Portobello Road embossing folders. I was lucky to have the papers and folders as a present, bought just after Christmas with a craft store gift token and I was  really pleased with it.

I stamped the London design using Clarity Stamps London stamp set - for this I stamped with Perfect Medium clear and heat embossed with black embossing powder. I then coloured the inside of the 'O' with a glacier blue flexmarker and coloured the underground sign with Promarkers. I die cut the image using Spellbinders Grand Labels 23 and used Faded Jeans distress ink around the edges, then I also die cut two other pieces of card in red and blue.

The vintage Union Jack is an amazing stamp that comes in two parts to allow you to stamp the colours separately, the next time I post a card with this stamp, I will photograph what I mean! I stamped the red with Cranberry Adirondack ink and for the blue I used Denim Adirondack...the stamp gives a vintage 'crumpled' effect. The set has reveal elements, including a selection of London icons and I love the little soldiers!

I finished off with some Union Jack buttons and made the rosette using paper from stash.

If you would like to enter this challenge it starts today, so hop over to Emergency Crafters and give it a go!




I would also like to enter this card into Allsorts Challenge week 162, Red,White and Blue


http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks for stopping by!

Carole X

8 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Carole! Love the red white and Blue and Barbara Gray is amazing. I could watch her all day demonstrating on Create and Craft.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your creation Carole - it really does portray all that is London! The faded background paper is beautiful and looks just right. I think this is a worthy winner and would like to wish you luck in both comps.

    Well done.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect card Carole for our theme this week!
    Thanks for entering our Red White and Blue challenge for Allsorts this week and good luck!
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great work. Ilike the patriotic theme. jenx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab patriotic card - love the bunting.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this time.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Carole. I'm loving the patriotism this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi this is Fabulous Carole ,well done ,a super card
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carole,
    It's so good to be back and seeing what you have been creating. I am not well enough to craft yet but I can type so I thought I'd like to check in.
    I adore this card, the layout and overall design is spectacular, perfect for the 'spectacle' that will be in London so very soon.
    Hope you are well. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete