Total Pageviews

Saturday 18 August 2012

Get Well Soon HMFMC126 - Saturday 18th August

Good Morning Blog Friends,

I hope you are all have a super weekend and the sun is shining where you are! Today's card was made for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge and the theme this time is 'Double Trouble' - to make a card featuring two of the House Mouse and Friends family.

The stamp I used is from the 'Feeling Poorly' set, they are all so cute it was hard to decide, but I haven't used this stamp a lot, so thought I would take this opportunity. I stamped the image with Memento ink and coloured with Promarkers. I made the card blank using Spellbinders Grand  Labels 23 and coredinations card, which once cut and embossed I sanded to reveal the core. 




The largest background die looks brown in the photo, but it is the same green card, which I coloured with Fired Brick Promarker, laid a floral mask over the top (That Special Touch...) and then spritzed with  Vintage Marigold Cosmic Shimmer Mist, you can just see the copper sheen.

I matted and layered the image using Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Ovals with the coredinations and some floral card from stash and I stamped the sentiment with archival ink, added embossing powder and heat embossed.

To finish off I added coordinating paper roses, ribbon and a heart button.

Thanks for stopping by!
Carole X

I wish to enter this card in the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC126


13 comments:

  1. Hi Carole,
    looks like I may be the first to comment today. Wonderful card lovely design. i have not bought any of the house mouse stamps, basically keep wanting to buy but I always run out of pennies as some basic item needs replacing. Or something else takes my fancy first. The joys of being on a pension hey.
    Have lots of Joanna Sheen's cds though bought over a period of years. Have a great crafty Saturday.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous shaping on this lovely card, perfect image and gorgeous colour combination, thank you for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Carole! The shape is wonderful and makes it look framed.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jenny, I adore the house mouse stamps - but there is so much I fall in love with and would love to buy so it is a case of priorities. This card is lovely - guaranteed to make somebody feel a little brighter! love from Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to have some house mouse items as they are so adorable but just haven't got round to them yet as I have always tended to go for Joanna Sheens floral designs. Your card is wonderful Carol and the colours and design are great. Crafty love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card and will surely make any recipient feel better immediately. I love the shape of the card and your color scheme also. Thank you for playing along with us at House Mouse challenge this week. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carole, what a lovely card to send to someone who is poorly. The image is gorgeous and I love the shape of your card and how you changed the colour of the green card. Love the design too. Good luck with the challenge. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous creation!

    Thank you for joining in the fun at House Mouse & Friends challenges for our * Double Trouble* challenge

    Hope you will join us again, good luck
    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW...this is soooo CUTE! I've never seen this stamp before! Gotta add it to my wish list for sure :) Thanks for joining in on our challenge at House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carole,
    A gorgeous card and the colours are fab. House mouse is amazing, always a cute design giving a perfect finish.
    Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is gorgeous Carole, your design is great and I love your colours. Your your fabulously coloured image is adorable and lovely details.

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with the House Mouse and Friends challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this card is adorable, as well as the stamp you chose. pretty colors and embellishments too.
    thanks for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Nicely done.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely shape on your beautiful card...sweet image and a perfect sentiment to go with it.
    Thank you for joining in the fun at House Mouse & Friends for our 'Double Trouble' challenge
    Hope you will join us again and good luck.
    Dorte,xx

    ReplyDelete