Total Pageviews

Thursday 16 August 2012

Sunday Stampers wk 218 - Thurs 16th August

Good Morning all!

It's Sunday Stampers time again, I always look forward to seeing what challenge Hels Sheridan is going to present us with each Sunday - this week it's something shiny, or a project with some shine  somewhere... I decided to be a bit experimental this week and go all out for shiny by creating a tile and stamping on it....







I started with a piece of stampbord and inked it with Perfect Medium, then I used ultra thick embossing powder (Cosmic Shimmer Midnight Blue) and heated it to melting point, at which time I added more embossing powder and repeated. I did this three of four times until I had enough depth, then whilst the powder was still liquid I stamped the tile with a stamp from Steampunk Flowers by Creative Expressions (Sam Poole).

I had the little cogs ready and tried to place some of them whilst there was still some grab,for the the others I used cosmic shimmer dries clear. I embossed the craft foil using an embossabilities folder and die cut the butterfly with the small die from Spellbinders Flight of Fancy. Just to steampunk it up a bit, I added a couple of watch parts for antenae.

It's the first time I'd tried this and I have to be honest the stamping took a few attempts to get right, but that's okay because at least you can re-melt it and start again!I'd seen Ali Reeve from Stamps Away demo it recently on TV and had been keen to give it a go. I also like the texture that the heat creates on the tile, will definitely be doing this again!

Thanks for stopping by,
Carole X

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous creation Carole. That blue is a gorgeous colour. I've always liked the idea of usinf UTE powder, and even bought some at the NEC last year. Maybe now is the time to try it out. The butterfly is lovely. love from Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tile Carole. Love the blue with the silver butterfly! Have a great day!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS, love how you added the inclusions (makes me sound like I know what I am on about... I don't, I just heard it on shopping telly lol) Tis fab hun, thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That midnight blue colour is gorgeous Carole and adore the butterfly. A brilliant creation!
    Love Christine H x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carole,
    really lovely creation, wonderful colour blue. The great Ally Reeve is fab she has so many fab ideas. thank you for your comment on my blog today. Have a great crafty day everyone.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carole, Oh I do love what you have done here, the blue colour is amazing and shows up the little cogs so beautifully and your butterfly is a stunning addition. I have not had much success with this technique but will definitely have a go now - it's gorgeous. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete