Total Pageviews

Friday 23 November 2012

Christmas Day card - Friday 23rd November

Good Morning blog friends,

Well what a confusion yesterday! I got home from work and logged into Emergency Crafters to upload my project for the new challenge and.... couldn't (see last night's panic post for detail!)...Now I like computers, fiddling about with them, love my Mac etc etc but it had never even occurred to me that all the photos we upload are actually stored somewhere by blogger..."Picasa?" I said to myself in frustration when it threw the message at me that  I'd exceeded my 1gb of space..I don't have a Picasa account, I upload from my PC!!!

I logged into my own blog and tried...for some dopey reason I thought it might be to do with Emergency Crafters..wrong!

I wrote my 'help' post...and thank you to Wilma and Anne for your help and suggestions, it seemed I wasn't the only one having the problem in the last few days. So I accessed the Picasa account that I didn't know I had and it did seem to suggest my space was running out and wanted me to pay a monthly fee for more space...well I wasn't going down that road! However, I uploaded my photo to that album and then uploaded my DT card from there and it was fine, but not a solution as I didn't want to have to upload my photos to Picasa every time I post or worse still have to pay a monthly fee for the privilege. Lots of peeps have been blogging for years and I've never seen mention of a charge before.

Looking at blogger help and forums, some of the feedback to other complaints was that Picasa or blogger {can't remember which) has to do an update every now and then and this can cause the error report until it's completed.

I did think that maybe my photos were too large a size, so as suggested by one of the lovely crafters yesterday I followed the link to a site where you can reduce the size of your photo file: 


It is actually a good tool and I will keep it to hand, but as I'd really suspected all along, the size of my image was quite small....

A few hours later I came back and tried again and it was fine...so maybe it was just a blogger blip? It's fine this morning as well...long may it last!

So to my card...this is a simple little Christmas card made using a Woodware stamp.


I used a 6x6 card blank and covered it with some paper from one of my Christmas paper stash, lightly distressing all the edges with Pine Needles distress ink. I stamped the image, coloured with berry, holly and silver promarkers, no shading, I kept it quite straightforward, because I wanted to try out my  new roll of Tim Holz Frosted Film with it.



Unfortunately the photos just don't show the lovely shimmery effect..hah humbug!!! I noticed a little mistake after uploading the photo too...You can see a little 'white' showing on the holly, it's funny how you notice little things in photos...was cut away as soon as I'd spotted it!

I finished off with some deckled edge organza ribbon, simply tied, a button and some bakers twine..thanks for stopping by and hope I didn't go on too much about my blogger problem last night, thought it  might help if it happens to any of you.

I'm off on the bus to Bath today to have a look at their always wonderful Christmas market and have some lunch with a friend...looks like we have picked the one fine day this week!

Have a super Friday,
Carole X

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Carole! I really like the Woodward stamps this year, they are all so effective! Have a wonderful day and would love to see some photos. The Manchester markets have began and I cannot wait to go and see all their goodies this year! (PC update - has been ordered so I should be back next week!)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Carole. I read your post and it made me panic too in case it was going to come to us all. So glad things are sorted out for you! Have a good day. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very effective card and I just love your ribbon detail. Enjoy your Bath trip. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Great stamp. Enjoy bath, jenx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carole...was pleased you have sorted your posting problem out will try mine when I get home on Sunday. One good thing has come out of it I have found you and your lovely blog. Have a great tie in Bath, I was there about 4 weeks ago
    Love the card you posted today, great stamp and love your layout

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carole,
    I am really late today. Just didn't get the time today until now. So sorry you had all that trouble yesterday.
    So glad you have warned us though.
    Your card is really super, I love those stamps especially the 25.
    Have a wonderful crafty evening.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card love the stamp ,enjoy Bath beautiful city .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carole, Glad to hear you got everything sussed out and its not going to be a pain in the purse (cost you money). Your card is delightful I love the big 25 and you can just see the Frosted Film new one on me have to look into this.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carole

    Really pleased that you have been able to post your pictures again.

    Mine still need to be re-sized.

    This is a gorgeous card. Great image and a beautiful ribbon.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carole, this is getting kind of spooky, I have just finished doing a dozen cards using the same stamp and Tim's film! I really love this stamp and love the film even more, I agree, the shimmer you get with the film is fabulous but it does not show up well in a photograph. Hope your problem with the photos has gone away for good but thank you for the link, I think I will try and reduce the size of my photos so I don't get the same problem. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Carole - I love this stamp - the sort you can do sooo many backgrounds with and make it look different every time. The colours are great.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx

    PS I think it might be the time of year for blog problems - glad yours was sorted out. I've made a note of how to sort it thanks to your blog.

    ReplyDelete