Total Pageviews

Friday 30 November 2012

Ribbon Wreaths

Hello Friends!

Today's post is my design team project for Fantastic Ribbons this month..

We were set the task of creating Christmas/ Home Decor makes with ribbon.... well those who have been following my blog for some time will know that I love making seasonal door decor wreaths, so I set about creating a few from ribbon.

For my main project I used a  plain polystyrene floristry circle; it's a small wreath, I used a 4.5 inch/115cm one, but you can use any size.

I used the ribbon direct from the reel, so didn't measure the length, but the ribbon measures 10mm width, there is 4 metres on the reel and I had plenty left for other projects!

You will also need some ribbon and  a good wet glue.... simply wrap the ribbon tightly around the circle, glueing as you go. To finish I added a snowflake die cut from Spellbinders Snowflake Pendant 2012, some gingham ribbon, a button and some twine. I stamped the greeting using versamark and heat embossed with  snowflake embossing powder, then matted and layered on white and green card.


Both the snowflake, greeting and ribbon are attached securely to the wreath with needlecraft pins.



My second project is great for when you want to use up all those little scraps of ribbon, that if you are like me you keep in a pretty full box!



It couldn't be easier and is a good example (I think) of up-cycling...so what do you think I made it from? Well it's an empty one of these...




I actually used an empty red line tape reel and forgot to photograph it, but all you do is tie the little pieces of ribbon tightly around the reel...they are small enough to hang on a Christmas Tree, or to add some festive cheer to a door handle...Easter one would be nice too!

All the ribbons used in these projects are from the wonderful selection at Fantastic Ribbons.

Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate you visiting and leaving a comment!
Carole X

6 comments:

  1. Hi Carole

    Oooooo... these are gorgeous.

    Love them both. I love the colour of the first one and the gorgeous snowflake!

    But of course I love all the hearts on the second one LOL!!! Great up-cycling.

    Have a good day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful Carole! I love the colours in the first wreath and the snowflake die cut looks beautiful!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely creations Carole - I especially like the one made from the inner roll of the red sticky tape. Such a great idea and a brilliant way to use up little bits of ribbon.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunning creations just love the last one using up scraps .melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carole,
    sorry I missed this the other day. Well what fabulous project. They look so fantastic. Love all the colours used.
    I must have a go at this soon.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely wreaths and great colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete