Total Pageviews

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Panda Birthday - 2nd January 2013

Good Morning Blog Friends...and although I have already sent my New Year Wishes to some of you via your blogs, this is my first chance to say a Happy New Year to all of you!

I hope you all had wonderful Christmas festivities and wish you all health, happiness and lots of crafty fun in 2013.

We had a lovely Christmas, but apart from my Sunday Stampers project for last week, my craft room has been quite a desolate place! I have a 2 week break from work and then go back to a very busy January, so I had so many craft plans for the post Christmas period...I was going to get so much done between 27th December and 6th January....what I hadn't factored in, is that this year, Tom is also off work for 2 weeks and he doesn't have any winter hobbies that can keep him occupied! So between visiting people, being visited and going for walks in Bath and various other places, clearing our box (storage) room and putting up new bookshelves, this is the only other card I have made - and this one only because it's a commission that had to be delivered today!

Before Christmas I also had one crafting disaster...my Grand Calibur is poorly! All of a sudden I heard a pop and the handle came loose - also there is something rattling around inside. It is fortunately still working and I have contacted Spellbinders who are usually very good at getting problems sorted..oh dear!

I came into my craft room New Year's Eve to make this card and sighed...oh dear, it really does need a de-clutter and tidy, I can't find anything!!!!

Sorry about the colours in this photo...darn the winter and lighting and trying to rush a photo!

This isn't my usual or favourite style of card, but it was a specific request for a panda... the card is being made for a lady who works with Tom, I have made panda cards for her before and she is also a customer, so I knew I had exhausted the panda stamps I have from my House Mouse and Friends sets!

I found this digi-stamp set at The Paper Shelter, but as it's a large card I decided to use the pre-coloured image instead of colouring myself. The flourishes and flowers are all Spellbinders dies.




One thing I have had the chance to do is use my best best best Christmas present...the Melt Pot. I am going to bore you all silly with this new toy, but it really is amazing! Look - I made these buttons! It is so easy and I can make buttons and embellishments  to match my designs!









Well I said Tom also has 2 weeks off, but he did have to go into the office today..so that gives me some time to get my mojo working again, so I am now going to try and get started!

Thank you all for stopping by and leaving comments and for your friendship, encouragement and crafty  tips during 2012, here's to the next stage of all our crafting journeys...happy crafting in 2013!

Hugs, Carole X

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Carole! Love the button and Happy New Year!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole,
    what a fantastic card. Love the panda digi image. I really like the sound of the melt pot and making your own buttons.
    I was about to say I like the buttons, then I read you had made them with the melt pot.
    I can't remember if I wished you a Happy New Year.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute indeed! Happy new year! Here's to 2013... bigger, better, wiser, wonderful-ler lol. Guess what, one of our design projects is on the front page of ukscrappers! eek!!! And I promise to stop posting Gary Barlow themed ramblings (fingeres crossed behind back..) best wishes, jenx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole, your card is beautiful, love the gorgeous flowers and your buttons are fabulous too. The panda image is so cute. So, you got a melt pot - wow, now that is a fabulous present indeed. I am sure you will get lots of use from it but sorry to hear about your GC. My electronic Big Shot has gone on the blink too but Sizzix are not very helpful at all so I hope you have better luck with Spellbinders! Happy New Year and hope that 2013 is a good one for you. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous panda Carole - those huge eyes! Love the buttons. I'm struggling to get back into the crafting mode.I think Santa took my mojo with him! Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Carole and love your use of buttons

    Anne

    ReplyDelete