Total Pageviews

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Quackers for you! - Wednesday 23rd January

Good Morning Friends,



One of my lovely blog friends, Anne (Redanne) and I often comment that we have very similar likes in crafting..both fans of Tim Holz, Wendy Vecchi, inspired by the brilliant Hels Sheridan... in fact, it was via Sunday Stampers that we started to follow each other.
I have a long way to go to catch up with Anne's supply of Tim's stamps, but thanks to Anne I decided to participate in 'Tim's Tags' this year and I loved making my first one this month! 

When commenting on my clock on Monday, Anne said that the bunny stamp by Crafty Individuals was on her wish list and so were the ducks...well Anne, I take it you meant these ducks? 


Today's card  is a simple, whimsical little Valentines or Anniversary card - or even a 'Just Because' card made using a 6x6 card blank, covered with paper from stash, which I inked at the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink. I then chose another paper from stash, deep yellow with little hearts..it's a NitWit design that was free with a magazine last year some time. I roughed up the edges slightly and again inked with Vintage Photo.


The polka dot paper I used for the next layer, is actually the reverse of the heart paper and the little paper flowers were part of the same giveaway.



The cute ducks and sentiment are from a stamp called 'Favourite Ducks' by Crafty Individuals.










I love the way some of you whom I follow also decorate the inside of your cards, which is lovely. If I do decorate inside, it's usually my smaller cards as I have done with this one.. I used some more of the flowers and a heart, plus the same paper that I had stamped on. The sentiment is a Sam Poole stamp.



Thanks for visiting and happy crafting all of you!

Carole X 

6 comments:

  1. What a fab litte card Carole and just love those polka dots and such a sweet image

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Carole

    Beautiful papers, image and sentiment.

    Brilliant as you say for Valentine's Day or an Anniversary.

    Have a good day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great little card Carole. Bright and cheery with the yellow. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card Carole, such a cute image with a lovely quote!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do, I do mean those ducks!! They are so gorgeous and your card is beautiful Carole, I love it. I never cease to be amazed at how much we like the same things, it is quite spooky..... I do have a few Timmy stamps, not as many as I would like but glad you are taking up his tag challenge. Do you have the set of stamps that has the strip of four butterflies in it yet? If not, please email me (I think you can find my email address in my Profile) as I have two of that one........ thanks for the mention, very kind of you. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol, what super card , I love those ducks so! Cute.
    Great colours and fab layout

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete