Total Pageviews

Friday 11 January 2013

Sunday Stampers week 239 - Friday 11th January

Good Morning Friends and a big welcome to  my new followers! Thank you  some much for joining me!I really do appreciate you being here.

I only work three days a week, but after 2 weeks off for the Christmas Holidays, it seemed a very long week, especially as always seems to happen after Christmas, the boiler in the library packed in and my office has been freezing!!! I think this has happened every year since I worked there, but it was rebuilt in 2009 - you'd think they'd have sorted the boiler wouldn't you?!

Anyway, less moaning, I'm home and warm today and hopefully by Monday it will have been fixed :)

Today's post is a tag, my contribution to this week's Sunday Stampers, which can be found on the brilliant Hels Sheridan's blog, which is - here



This week's theme is anything that flies: I decided on a tag, using some stamps I hadn't used in a while.

I started with a plain manilla tag and inked through a floral mask (that special touch) with Wild Honey Distress ink, then I painted over it with Distress Crackle Paint (just LOVE the texture of this stuff!) and put it aside. I stamped the image and quote (it's all one stamp, a PaperArtsy Mini) with black Archival and then heat embossed with clear powder. I then coloured the wings and flowers lightly with Flex-markers. Then I stamped just the top of the dragonfly again and repeated the process, plus I inked the whole layer with Wild Honey and then painted with crackle paint.

The butterfly, a free stamp from Indigoblu, given with one of last year's Craft Stamper magazines was also given the same treatment and also stamped twice. When the crackle had dried (given a last push with my heat tool) I  cut out both the butterflies and the wings from the second dragonfly.

I wanted to give the whole tag movement, so I layered them and placed some hessian under the image stamp but off the tag to the side. I fixed the image layer quite 'loosely', allowing it to curl at the sides.

Finally I added the double-layered butterfly and the second wings to the dragonfly, plus some lace, which I had distressed with the ink through the top of the tag.


Thanks for looking, I really appreciate it!

Carole X

9 comments:

  1. Love your tag Carole, great layering and textures and love your colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layers of your tag Carole. You do this sort of thing so well! Horrible murky day here today. Love from Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole,
    another superb tag. Love the butterflies. As Christine said you make these tags so beautiful, with such lovely workmanship included into them.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole,
    A lovely tag, I agree with everyone, you do a great job on your tags.
    Cold here aswell today and it is going to get colder, brrrrrr.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good evening Carol, another beautiful tag card.
    Just miserable here at the moment but forecast not that good.

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carole, can you believe it - I have those PaperArtsy stamps too (and the butterfly) and have not used them in ages! Your tag is gorgeous and such a great idea to add movement with the addition of the hessian, it so works and the background on your tag base is wonderful. Just love it. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is such a pretty tag, and love the hessian down the side, the colouring is lovely. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful tag Carole, love all the different textures you have put together!x

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGOEUS! Sorry I am SO late visiting... been a bit preoccupied lol Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete