Total Pageviews

Tuesday 19 February 2013

Stitches! Tuesday 19th February

Hello Friends,

No card or project today, but I couldn't wait to share my awesome visit to Stitches with you! Of course, I'm not a retailer, but my friend Amy is...I had never been to such an event before but wow was it gooooood. I couldn't spend anything as it was retail, which is just as well because it would have been so tempting, but whereas when you go to the public shows like Ally Pally and especially the NEC, you can't get near to anyone easily..we were able to chat to our favourite crafters and today, I'm sharing the photos.

Apologies that I'm in most of them, every time I asked to take a photo, I was invited to be in it! I said to Sue Wilson that for the past 2 years at Ally Pally I haven't been able to get anywhere near her, so this was a big treat for me! We even got to see some of Sue's latest creations that she can't share on her blog yet because they are hopefully demos for her March shows..and her new stamps to match dies are fabulous, she was so proud of them and her award for best blog.

Aside from our favourite crafters we were able to get some brilliant ideas for future workshops, especially using Indigo Blu, Wild Rose Studio, Woodware and Crafty Individuals stamps. Whilst I left Amy to the business side of things, I had a lovely chat to Malcolm, one of the owners of Crafty Individuals! What lovely people they are, fabulous stamps too and their display of art work was exquisite.

I also got to meet Keith and Ben from Fantastic Ribbons, which I am a design team member for - and the wonderful, warm and friendly Kirsty Wiseman, photographer and crafter extraordinaire, who organises us DT members!

Did you see Ken from Spellbinders when C&C were at CHA? Well we saw him demoing the new ice resin and bezels...ooh my! He also gave us all a gold crown die (not for sale!).He was superb, but I didn't get a photo and when we went back, he'd gone:(

We also had a chat with Dreamweavers' Linelle: a lovely lady who creates some amazing cards - most of you know that Amy and I attended one of her workshops last year and took Dreamweavers to a few of our own workshops, which our ladies really enjoyed. She is going to be on Create and Craft this Wednesday.

At the Creative Expressions stand, apart from Sue Wilson, we met and chatted with the lovely and very talented Julia Watts and two of my very favourite crafters, Ally Reeve (she remembered me from Ally Pally and we were soon discussing our hens again) and of course, Hels Sheridan, who was demoing the new distress paints..she is such a lovely person and her art work on show was amazing..of course.

The only mild disappointment was the lack of Tim Holz stuff...and no Tim himself this year either (apparently he was there last year)...oh well never mind, it was a great afternoon..now less of my chat and more of the photos...



Here I am with Kirsty Wiseman on the Fantastic Ribbons Stand





and with Sue Wilson (sorry you can't see Sue's card, light to bright!)


                       Some lovely creations from the Woodware design team... 







Ally Reeve demoing gilding flakes

Who is the person who keeps popping up? This time with Julia Watts

Hels Sheridan demoing Distress Paints

Above: Some beautiful cards and projects from Crafty Individuals 

 Isn't this a lovely display by Sissix? 
I have to say that the Sissix stand had the most amazing creations, all beautifully set out.
and finally some more Sissix creations....






 Hope you enjoyed my little 'report' - sorry I didn't get round all your blogs, I only just managed to stay awake when I got home to write this..will play catch up today!

Crafty Hugs,

Carole X

12 comments:

  1. Morning Carole...looks like you had a fabulous time at Stitches thank for sharing you lovely photos with us...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole

    It sounds, and looks, like you had a wonderful time. What a special day for you.

    Thank you for sharing all the lovely goodies you saw .. .. I think!!! LOL!!!

    It must have been lovely to meet so many people - especially the ones linked to your DT work!

    Have a good day today.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole, thanks for the great report! It must have been lovely to get to see these wonderful folk up close and personal. Pity that Tim was not there, he usually comes over in February but he said on his blog yesterday that he is mad busy at the moment with new designs..........still a shame. I guess there was enough other stuff to keep you interested though! So glad you had a great day. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you thoroughly enjoyed your time there an dthanks so much for sharing these I for one was most interested in them..luv annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great day Carole. love from Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I am drooling - lucky you to have such an opportunity X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Carole, how exciting, fancy, meeting all those crafty people in one day. Looks like you had a great time, thanks for sharing.
    Carol.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just playing catch up, glad you had a great time, I love your car card and had an enjoyable wander back on your blog. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH! WOWSER!!! you lucky lady, looks like a fantastic day.
    Thank you for sharing all those great photos.
    Happy Crafting

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a stunning time you lucky lady .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous day! Thank you so much for sharing, wish I had been there! Lovely photos. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. fab to see you Carole... I have nicked the photo of me, tis the only one I have seen and I forgot to get one meself lol xx

    ReplyDelete