Total Pageviews

Friday 28 June 2013

Kewpie Card & Gift Bags - Friday 28th June

Good Morning Friends,

New Follower welcome!

First of all what a lovely surprise I had this morning when I found a have yet another new follower! Thank you for following me Julia, it's great that you decided to visit my little corner of blogland. I'm thinking that the number of comments I've had about my shell  box has been amazing! I really did enjoy making it, altered art and mixed media projects give me so much pleasure when I have the time to make them and I have more lined up for when I have got to the end of my commissions that are left to make, before I can finally say I'm taking time off from them.

Before I turn to the project of today, I do have to mention the fact that it's just a few days to 1st July, significant in being the day that google reader ceases to exist and I am still in a quandary about what to do! Thank you to Anne for your advice about Blog lovin', which was really helpful and I was all set down that route, but then I did  research - always dangerous! I looked at hundreds of craft blogs, some big and some like mine, small and so many (in fact the majority) seem to have done nothing as yet.There are bloggers out there who just blog techie stuff and they are all over the demise of GR! I started (mistake) reading reviews and comments about blog lovin' vs  feedly and the latter seemed to just win, but doesn't seem to be used by any of my friends on here who have made the move.

From what I've read of these feed readers(please correct me if I'm misinterpreting!), we won't be able to see who's following us (it's what forums seem to be bemoaning), which if that's right, is a real pain. Some people are saying they will just follow blogs by email from now on, I already do that with some but it makes my inbox look pretty daunting!

I asked some techie friends (mistake), but those who blog (not about craft) kind of dismissed blog lovin'.....so what do I do friends? Nothing... and see what happens, switch to blog lovin', switch to feedly (which apparently works really well with Safari, which I use)? Got to say I downloaded both of their Apps and wasn't over keen on either...I don't really want to access the blogs I follow, in a similar format as Pinterest or Twitter, which is what they looked like.

I do too much research and end up even more confused... that's my downfall...at the end of the day I guess it will be blog lovin' maybe both....or neither...LOL

Anyway, on to much more fun things....


Nicecrane DT Project

My latest  DT project for Nicecrane Designs works with these cute little Kewpie digital stamps: Kewpies were comic strip-like illustrations by Rosie O'Neill,  which appeared in Ladies Home Journal in 1909 and the name is derived from 'Cupid'.  The drawings were very popular and later made into highly collectible dolls.

I have to say I am really enjoying working with the Vintage images from Nicecrane - visit the site http://nicecranedesigns.com to look at all the gorgeous  images available to buy.

  For this project I've made a card, gift box and bag, 

                                                                   all for a new baby...



The Card:

I used a piece of white card that I had embossed through my Grand Calibur using the Sue Wilson Lattice Hearts folder, which I then inked all over using Broken China distress ink. I matched this with some blue gingham paper and ribbon and a sentiment from Pink Petticoat.

The image label comes on a sheet of  different very cute images. I coloured this one with promarkers and die-cut using Spellbinders Classic Circles, before mounting on a scalloped circle made using a punch.

I also decorated the inside of the card with another image from the set as shown below.




Gift Box...

My next creation in this little set is a small box made using my Hougie board and a Hougie template for a favour box..I printed several of the Kewpies on to blue card before making the box. It's a simple petal fold box and I used a Martha Stewart Punch for the decorative edge across the top. The image was again coloured with promarkers and I added a second Kewpie to give movement. I did the same on the other side of the box and add a bow to finish.





Gift Card Holder
I also made a little gift card  holder, again using Hougie. I chose the same image for the front to give continuity through the set and decorated both the inside and out of the card.


Thank you for stopping by today and putting up with my Google Reader ramblings...it's great when you have no idea what your on about...I think I am going to not do a thing! Phew after all that, I'm off to do some crafting!


See you tomorrow!

Love,
Carole X

8 comments:

  1. Hi Carole, what a lovely bay set! You have done a great job with it.

    I'm finding the whole thing about Blogger and Google Reader extremely confusing! I stopped reading because I was seeing such conflicting things. As far as I understand, the blogs we follow are also in Google Reader but most of us do not use Google Reader to access our blogs. It's all double Dutch to me and makes no sense!! I have printed out a list of all the blogs I follow so that if the list disappears at least I will know what they are if I need to start again! Heaven forbid! I hate the thought of not knowing who is following me though! I shudder to think what is going to happen on July 1st - apart from my husband celebrating his birthday. Help! I have only just realised how close that is. I'd better crack on and make him a card.
    Hope you manage to sort things out! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on this Christine, I've noted all my blogs and I'm going to wait and see! X

      Delete
  2. How adorable these little baby gifts are! I love the little cupie and love the one you popped up a little more... Thanks for stopping over and it's always nice to see you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the Queen of indecision when it comes to this Blog Loving thing. Frankly, I think I am just as happy starting over from scratch, I have over 300 followers but a tenth of them actually visit me on a regular basis, so will I be missed? lol Most likely not! Love your project, that is so darling!!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are soooo cute Carole, love the little box.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Carole what a precious and sweetie creations,,,,,,my friend, sooooo adorable,,, su cute ones,,,,,love all them,,,,and what creative idea to color in blue tones,,,,it is unnusual but I love the finished result,,,,,specially your gift box, is absolutely stunning,,,,, and I love the idea to use my Kewpies inserting faom tabs,,,,to add some deepth,,,,,,,,,,love it, love it, love it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,You are Rock,,,,,Carole.........What a amazing work with these adorable Kewpies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful collection Carole, love all of them, so sweet and love the colours!xx

    ReplyDelete