Total Pageviews

Friday 7 June 2013

"Out of the Blue- Craft Group Workshop Photos - June 7th

Good Morning Friends,

First of all, sorry if I haven't visited your blog these last few days, my blog-pals, but it's National Volunteer's Week, so has been pretty busy at work, plus have had a workshop to prepare for...I will do a blog hop today and visit you all, promise!

Last night was the first of our new style workshops...Amy and I were having more people wanting to come than we could comfortably work with in one session, plus trying to come up with new ideas every two weeks can be difficult, so we decided to run the same workshop twice, with different ladies..it's a trial to see how it goes.

This was the  design I came up with for  my group to base their cards on last night - we were using the Bathing Belle Crafty Individuals stamp, with which I made my pop up card earlier this week. I have a very odd thing going on with this stamp -I just have to make the image stand 'proud' of the card..if she's not popping up she has to stand up somehow! How odd is that? I just can't explain it!!!



This time I made a twisted easel card, using the girl as part of the stopper...I stamped the beach huts and seagulls on white card and heat embossed with clear powder. I then inked the card with Broken China, Worn Lipstick and Wild Honey distress inks, spritzed with a little water and dried with a heat tool to move the ink around the card. I did exactly the same with the layer on the base of the card. I then spritzed with Vintage Gold Cosmic Shimmer Mist and again blasted with the heat tool for the mottled effect.

I stamped and heat embossed the bather and coloured her with watered down distress inks and stamped the quote, heat embossed and inked the card. When I cut out the figure I left a tab at the base to fix her to the stopper.

The card is finished with hessian, lace, rolled lace and a little shell.

My group of ladies, as usual came up trumps last night and made some beautiful cards. As I was going around taking my usual photos to share with you all, one of them commented that I must feel proud to see all the different variations on my design and how pleased they are when they've completed a card that has their own 'stamp' on it - and yes indeed I am, they are all wonderful! Some of the group have told me that if they didn't come to the group,they wouldn't get the chance to really sit down and craft at home, so it's great to see them all having a lovely time and making some gorgeous cards.

One of my group, Sue, showed me a photo of a card she had made for her son using some of the techniques she had learnt over the past year (yes we've be going a year now!) and it was beautiful, again..so proud because I know that this time last year she just wouldn't have made it.

Last night one of my group couldn't come, so we had a spare seat and even I got to make a very quick card in between helping out some of my ladies! Here are their lovely creations:










and finally my quick card!

We are putting on a special 'one off' workshop on Friday afternoon for the annual 'Chipping Sodbury Festival' and the Festival theme this year is the Beatles, so our card is based on a Beatles song, but you'll have to wait until  next Friday to see it!!

Thanks to Amy for asking me to run these classes with her..long may they continue, I've had such fun!

Thanks for visiting!

Love and Hugs,
Carole X

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards Carole only wished I lived closer it would have been lovely to join you all..lovely stamps

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole, first of all, your card is just fabulous! I love the twisted easel shape and the way you have used the lady as part of the stopper, it is so effective. You do have the most amazing ideas, I wish I could come up with half the ones you do! Your ladies, true to form have done a brilliant job too, each one different and unique. You are obviously a great teacher too, which just goes to show why so many people want to come to your classes. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole,
    as I said about your last card. I just love these stamps and what you have created with them. Fabulous work by your ladies too. As I have mentioned before you must be an excellent teacher to get such high standards from you ladies in your classes. I want and need these stamps right now. lol.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, you must be proud - two groups! Wish I lived nearer and was able to attend. XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your twisted easel card, the retro swimmer is darling! Looks like it was a fun workshop, everyone did a fabulous job on their cards! Thanks for visiting me, it's a bit soggy today and your visit was a highlight! Waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely amazing Carole,,,,,it is my fav card,,,,so lovely colors,,,,,and what incredible coloured picts, my friend,,,,,,,,,You are rock.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carole this is amazing - I love the shape and the layout soooo much. Brilliant colours to choose and your ladies have also done really well, I bet they had a glorious time! Oh and we have some chooks in an allotment near us, they are cute!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and how fun to be able to teach all those wonderful ladies... judging by the cards.. you must be an amazing teacher too! Thanks for visiting me and hope the sun shines all week for you :) Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, love all the wonderful stamping and colours. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous design Carol just love it and your ladies did you proud, you are obviously a very good tutor. Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good evening Carol,
    Great cards each and every one.
    Your ladies certainly can make some stunning creations.
    Of course they have an excellent teacher.
    Happy Crafting

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card Carole and the ladies have done very well indeed! Beautiful stamps that you have used so creatively!xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous Carol, as I have the stamps this has given me some more inspiration, thank you! X

    ReplyDelete