Total Pageviews

Thursday 11 July 2013

Little Donkey: Sunday Stamper wk 265 - Thursday 11th July

Morning Friends,

Aha...did anyone think my creation this week was going to also be my first Christmas card? Sorry, not today, I'm still crafting for the beach!

For this week's Sunday Stampers - full deets here -  Hels has set the theme of ' showing some depth' and this was a very quickly made project. I actually had lots of much 'grander' ideas but I'm afraid this painful shoulder and neck  of mine, is severely restricting my ability to craft for long periods at the moment :(





In case you haven't recognised it, this little picture is made from the lid of a totally dried up distress ink container. 

I painted it with  PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic in Mermaid and then once it had dried, sanded it a little to remove colour and make it look worn.

I stamped the seaside donkey ride image (Crafty Individuals), cut it out to reveal the painted sky areas and attached it to the lid. Then I stamped it again, cut out the donkey and girl, coloured them and attached them with 3D foam pads.

To finish I also stamped some bunting (Crafty Individuals), coloured it and stuck it across the top. To finish I added some starfish and  a sandcastle button I found in my button box!

This little stamp brings back childhood memories - on days out to our nearest beach when I was a kid, Weston-Super-Mare, being horse mad from a very young age, all ever wanted to do was ride on a donkey! I even remember my favourite was called Molly! Don't every remember wearing a winter coat like this little girl though :)

Thanks for stopping by,

Love Carole X

7 comments:

  1. Good Morning Carol,
    What a fantastic project, love that vintage image. The colours and the great embellishments.
    Brilliant idea for using your old ink pad container. I have loads of things that I "intend" to "alter" but never get round to it.

    Your so right the one thing I hate myself about long haul flights is the "jet lag" worst feeling ever I think.
    Have a Great Day

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole

    Gosh you have been one busy lady on your blog .. .. unlike me!!!!

    Loving your beach theme and the lovely owls you posted a few days ago.. .. sorry it has been a while since I visited :-(

    Thank you for all your lovely comments on mine.

    Have a good day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you've showcased your beach creation Carole...its fabulous

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever are you! This was an ingenious idea Carole. I love how you used the lid and your little scene is fabulous. You always impress but I just love this! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carole,
    what a very clever idea. This looks so great. It reminds me of Weston Super Mare, and visits when I was a child too.
    I was born just over the other side of the Severn Bridge, and we visited Bristol Zoo, and Weston when I was growing up. You surely do need binoculars to see the sea when the tide is right out there,and I always remember the donkeys, although I was too chicken to have a go. I was not a very adventurous child.lol.
    Love the wonderful stamps used on this, and that sand castle is fab.
    Have a wonderful crafty evening.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely in depth piece so clever to have recycled your distress lid! I love the stamp set and the colours, brilliant! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you pained hun, hope it is getting better! LOVE your alteration, what a BRILL idea... loving the art inside too... perfect... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete