Total Pageviews

Friday 9 August 2013

Sunday Stampers week 269 - Friday 9th August

Hello Friends,

Goodness twice in a day! I haven't managed to craft much these last few weeks, which meant a few weeks missing from my  favourite challenge - Sunday Stampers. For details hop over to Hels Sheridan's fabulous blog by clicking here.

This week Hels set the theme of using diamonds in our project - could be the sparkly type or the shape..so today in between running up and down to check on my poorly hen, Penny, I managed to make this little card.

I embossed some coredinations card using a Sissix folder - chosen for the little diamond shapes and then I sanded it to bring out the pattern. I stamped the diamond pattern (stamp by Crafty Individuals) on to white card using Peacock Feathers distress ink and then heat embossed with some embossing powder. I couldn't find my glittery clear one, so I mixed some tinsel green and denim to create a turquiose colour and add some sparkle. The tag was inked with peacock feathers and stamped with one of the Patchwork rubber stamps from Joanna Sheen. I chose flowers for some contrast and stamped them with a dark turquoise ink.

Finally using jade UTEE, I made a button and square using my melt pot. I made two holes in the circle to create the button and threaded some ribbon through and I punched a hole in the square, added some offcuts where I'd trimmed the coredinations card and turned it on its side to make a diamond.

So now I finally feel I'm back! Have a great weekend everyone!

Love and Hugs,
Carole X


8 comments:

  1. Love your colour and detail Carole, my you have had a busy week, glad Penny is recovering and enjoyed my browse. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole,
    fabulous card such great detail and colouring too. I would love a melt pot to have a go at your lovely things you make on your blog. Maybe one day soon hey. I just need to win the lottery me thinks because I want, want ,want. lol.
    Have the most wonderful weekend.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning colours Carole, love that beautiful sparkly background and your button and square are just gorgeous. Hope Penny is still making good progress. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful colours Carole - I love your UTEE creations as well.

    Hope Penny is feeling better.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, loved that UTEE button! Hope the hen is doing better! waving hi from the rainy ( again!! ) hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS... loving the UTEE elements too, that button looks like fancy Mother of Pearl... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x
    PS.. hope your Penny is better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fun project...I love specially the colors...happy crafting
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Carol,
    Hope Penny is still making progress
    A beautiful creation of colour, textures and plenty of "diamonds"
    Brilliant, I love it
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete