Total Pageviews

Friday 15 November 2013

Sunday Stamper week 282: Red -Friday 15th November

Good Morning Friends,

Well I may have been missing from 'blogland' since Sunday..I've been at work for most days as I'm training some more volunteers to help in our office, but in the little spare time I've had, I  have been busy crafting...I had to get stuck in to Christmas cards at some time didn't I? Having said that, I did take some Christmas card commissions before my 'sabbatical' and I am still working on them. I had to turn  down some this week or I'll never get to start my own. I have to make a lot of quick cards to send out, but at least I've got as far as knowing my design for them now! At least now I have quite a few cards to post here  over the next few weeks.

Before I get down to my card, I would like to give a big welcome to my latest follower Chris, thank you so much for your lovely comment and for following. I have just been looking at Chris's blog and there is some gorgeous Prim artwork, home decor and  gorgeous makes. Prim is one of my first loves in art, so I was lapping it all up. Chris, you were from Wales and live in Canada - my dad was a Canadian National who came back here to live and married my Mum who was Welsh (Maerdy) and now one of my best friends also lives in Canada.. so how about that?! Do check out Chris's blog: http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca


To my card...this is my red (and gold) offering for this week's Sunday Stampers challenge..do click on the link to take a look at Hels Sheridan's fab blog! To be honest, I would have posted it a few days ago, but I couldn't get a decent photo of it..the light when I've been home has been poor and trying to focus this particular card was a real pain!  A bit OTT for me, I'm not usually one for lots of glitter and bling, but heck it's Christmas and our card for next week's workshop (not this one) is very glittery so I thought that whilst I was in the mood....

I used the Indigo Blu Baubles flourish stamp, with Perfect Medium ink on red card. I stamped the complete image across the top and parts of the design around the side and base. I then heat embossed with gold embossing powder and matted and layered on gold silk mirri with a kraft card base, tying an organza ribbon around the side.






The sentiment stamp is also by Indigo Blu. 

Inside I followed through with the same theme. The greeting was a stamp free with a magazine.


















Before I go, a wave to the ladies at the Thornbury craft group Amy and I visited last night. Amy really loves decorating glass and she'd been asked to demo Christmas glass ornaments with  texture paste and stencils, so I went along to help. It was a huge group of about 35 ladies and a very busy evening but we all had good fun.

Thanks for stopping by!

Love and Hugs,
Carole X

11 comments:

  1. Stunning card Carole lovely rich colour and looks fabulous with the gold embossing

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Carole this is gorgeous. Love all that super rich and neat gold embossing.

    Great stamps too!

    You sound super busy in all directions.

    Have a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stunning, Carole.
    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your help Carole, I couldn't have done it without you! Was a bit hectic at times. Fab card, always love red & gold together. Looking forward to our own workshop on Thursday
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card Carole, very expensive looking, love the colour combination
    Have a great weekend

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Carole,
    Super card, love the embossing very plush.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your very elegant and decadent card Carole, so perfect for Christmas. Nice to know that you have another Canadian on board too! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a very elegant and classy card Carole, it is beautiful and perfectly made, I really love it! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Carole, love the embossing, looks very classy... thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Carole, perfect rich Christmas colours! Love it.xx

    ReplyDelete