Total Pageviews

Thursday 16 January 2014

Zentangled Cockerel - Thursday 16th January 2013

Good Morning Friends,

Today's card is one of the Zentangle creations you saw on my desk yesterday (if you visited my WOYWW post!). Tonight Amy and I are delivering our first workshop of 2014.  To ease our ladies in with something (hopefully) relaxing and also new to the workshops, we are going to have a Zentangle session.

Zentangle is an art form created by Rick Roberts (Zen) and Maria Thomas (Tangle); a combination of his meditation background and her art background. It's idea is to bring art to anyone and in a relaxing way. It can be addictive too! I tend to tangle now and then, when I'm in the mood, but the trouble is that once you start it's hard to stop! As a result, in preparation for this class I had lots of tangles drawn, but not many card examples made up as yet, so be prepared, there will be a drip feed of Zentangle cards for a while ahead.

For the class we are using Dreamweaver stencils as stencils are a great way to tangle, with the dividing lines already drawn for you, but in my cards over the next few weeks you will see tangles I have created using Spellbinder dies as templates and also from my own drawings.

This cockerel I have used before; it's a lovely stencil for tangling as it is large and thus gives more space for creating patterns.

This is a 6x6 card blank: I die cut the image and layer using Spellbinders Curved Matting Basics A, which my lovely brother-in-law gave me for Christmas. I also matted and layered the base card with dark red card.

The sentiment is printed from my computer, using a Pink Petticoat digi. I finished off with a matching feather and a little cockerel button from my button jar.

I'll let you know tomorrow, how our ladies got on with tangling! It will be lovely to see them again after the Christmas break.

Love and Hugs,
Carole X

6 comments:

  1. Good morning Carole, I loved your card when I saw it on your desk.
    It is absolutely brilliant.
    I just wish the ladies in my card class were ambitious .......... someday maybe someday!!!
    Have a great day

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks wonderful close up...... have fun with the ladies, I bet they love this! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole,
    Stunning, love the cockerel stencil, bet your ladies will enjoy making this one.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carole saw this on your desk yesterday and loved it , it looks better even still close up. Maxwell x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Carole, this is an awesome shaped zentangle - you are so creative. Love the card and the feathers is a nice touch.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Carole. I have to admit that I have never tried this technique, but will have to add it my 'To Try' list. Those matting basics dies make life so much easier, I have the A2 rectangles A and B set and use them quite a lot!x

    ReplyDelete