Total Pageviews

Thursday 24 April 2014

Going round in Circles - Thursday 24th April 2014

Good afternoon friends,

I really don't know where this week has gone..I've got so much done, but none of it crafting! Well, if you saw my WOYWW post yesterday, you will know everything has been craft related, just not actual craft :)

Today I started to move all my paints and art parts out to the craft barn (our affectionate name for the summerhouse!) and I am both pleased and surprised as to how it's all fitted in. My only puzzle is that my actual craft room is still a total wreck, so how did all that other stuff fit in here before! I really do have to sort out this room next!

Today's card is one I made as an example when we were doing the triple layered technique at our craft class..


This is a really simple design made using Button Flowers, a stamp set designed by Sam Poole for Creative Expressions. This is a really useful stamp set, from which lots of different flowers can be created. However, here I have just used some of the circle elements stamped in different colours across with three layers and topped with a flower stamp from the same set.

As well as moving paints etc outside, I've been painting an old chair using the same chalk paint as for the bookshelves. I've recently discovered Annie Sloan wax, so I'm also intending to stencil and wax it...when finished, I will share on here.

We have a craft group tonight and our ladies will be making  wreaths again, so I hope they enjoy it...well I have stopped long enough, back to work! I will catch up with all your posts later,

Love and Hugs
Carole X

7 comments:

  1. Fun card, love your layering especially anchoring it with the black, really pretty. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this technique is so cool! and thanks for leaving me bloggy love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to shae this delightful card!! So clean and simple yet is says:

    I took some time to make this card for you!

    : ) who ever gets it will be pleased as punch!!

    Don't work too hard friend.

    Patti

    p.s. I have been so tempted to take a picture of my desk and e-mail it to you Carole : ) you would not believe the train wreck it is! LOL I won't do it (wouldn't want to scare you! heehee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful, I do love that technique, I don't use it often enough though... Looking forward to seeing your finished chair. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good evening Carole, love this technique. I have not actually done this with my Class must keep it mind.
    I like your button embellishment
    Happy rearranging!!!
    Hugs

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colours you've used on this card Carole. This technique looks just as effective on this card as it did on the ones you did for our workshop. Lovely!.
    Happy tidying!
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic design, I love it! The colours are gorgeous and the circles look fab.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete