Total Pageviews

Monday 18 August 2014

Basket of Flowers - Monday 18th August 2014

Hello Friends!

 How are you today? I want to say a massive thank you for all your comments on my last post, I was totally blown away...the card was made for my group at our workshop to base their cards on, but it did turn into a labour of love, not least because that Jofy stamp is one of my very favourite stamps and all they need is  a colour wash, anything else and they would be 'over done'.

Today is a fairly simple 'pop up' card, made in a very short turnaround time! Last week, one of my cousins in Wales contacted me to say it's her Mum's 60th birthday this week (I knew it was her birthday, just not her 60th!) and would I be able to make two cards: one from Jo and her husband and one from their two very young kiddies. I have been turning down commissions lately, especially with less than a month's notice, because I'm too busy. Jo needed to receive the cards within a week, but what could I say, she's family and I have come to the conclusion that most people who aren't crafters think we can conjure up a masterpiece in minutes!

I said I would make them, but explained the usual amount of time I need, so to bear that in mind! This is the card I made for the children to give to her....it had to be quite 'flat' to post..so I just created a simple front, using papers from Pink Petticoat. The flowers and heart are Sissix dies and the scalloped circles are Spellbinders.


 Inside, the flower basket pops up and when the card is 'flattened' out the basket stands upright. For the flowers I used a mixture of Spellbinders and Sissix dies and all the patterned papers are by Pink Petticoat.
I haven't ever made many cards for children to give and it is quite hard to get the balance right, so I hope I've managed it...Jo was thrilled with them anyway, so I hope her Mum will be too!


Did any of you catch Sam Poole's C&C shows on Saturday? We were out all day sorting out new kitchen 'stuff' but I recorded them and when we got home I watched them online - I thought they were super shows and loved Sam's demos...it is such a strange feeling when they hold up your cards and say your name..but I was excited!

Tomorrow is my day for Sam's blog and it will be some sewn Christmas makes...that's all I'm saying! 

Have a good day all!

Love and Hugs
Carole X

12 comments:

  1. Carole your pop up card is super gorgeous...love the flowers inside and you have created the front so pretty for 'grandma' ...xxThe Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole,
    what very lovely pop up card. The design is just right for children to give to their Nan.
    Love the very fab design, flowers and the pop up design.
    Sadly I missed Sam on Saturday as we had family visiting for a long weekend.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Carole.
    A lovely card, love your pop up basket of flowers.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Carole....fabulous pop up card....such a lovely suprise when you open up the card....a lot of work but so worth it...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carole you are going to give us all a bad name, if you make such beautiful cards in less than a week ;) Love the pop-up basket. As I am home I have been showing my Ma your work..she said to tell you hi and she loves your work - a new fan :) Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did watch the first show and was super excited for you when they kept showing your cards and Sam would say that they were favourites! Well done you for doing such beautiful samples! This card today is beautiful, I just love that pop up element inside - I bet the children who are giving it loved it just as much as their Grandma. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carole your card is fabulous, love the pop up inside. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a masterpiece worth turning 60 for!! heehee Just delightful I'm sure they all loved it!

    So glad to hear you got a shout out on Sam's show : ) You deserve all the applaud we can give you!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow Carole this is just so beautiful and what an awesome spring surprise on the inside.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, goodness, Carole, I'm not sure what to even say. You needed to make cards in a hurry and that were flat and easy to mail. With those instructions ... well, you've seen my cards with one layer and one stamp! And then I come here and see your magnificent version of simple!! It blows my mind! This is stunning in every way and I'm sure grandma will leave this on display forever!! Congratulations again on becoming famous as a TV personality!! I wish we could get the show here! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful - another incredible pop-up design! The colours are so pretty and I love all of your beautiful die-cut shapes. It must be so exciting to see your creations on TV, congratulations!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Carole - I bet the children didn't want to part with this beautiful creation! I'm sure grandma loved it though. The flowers are so pretty, especially with the flowery background. Gorgeous.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete