Total Pageviews

Friday 27 March 2015

Butterfly Corner Bookmark - Friday 27th March 2015

Hello Friends,

Thank you for your comments  on my watering can Easter project, what a super die, I am sure you will be seeing it again very soon!

The current challenge over at  Butterfly Spot Challenge is C for Corner and I decided to make a bookmark, which would also give me a chance to use a gorgeous corner die I won recently from Bibiana's Throwback Thursday Challenge.




These bookmarks are easy to make: I made a template as shown below:





 I started with a piece of card measuring 13cms x 13cms and divided into 4 squares, each  measuring 6.5cms. I snipped away one of the squares and cut half of two others away as per the photo. All you do is fold the two triangles together along the dotted lines and glue them one over the other to create a pocket.

I used a piece of card where I had created a background  by smooshing the card around in moistened Shabby Shutters and Mowed Lawn distress inks. I then cut the shape from my template.


Using the same card, I die cut the corner and adhered it to the bookmark. The die I used is from Marianne dies and is shown in the photo below:



Now for the butterfly: I used a stamp from the Eclectica range by PaperArtsy, which I got last year at Ally Pally. It's a lovely stamp, the butterfly is quite 'arty' and is good for colouring. In this instance I used Promarkers and I

I stamped the butterfly in black ink and then heat embossed with clear powder, then I coloured it and added some wonk of stella pen in both clear and gold for some added shimmer.

The cut out butterfly was adhered to the bookmark with a foam pad and to finish I added a small bow and sewed on a button.


Challenge: Butterfly Spot Challenge #27 - C for Corner

Thank you so much for stopping by,

Love and Hugs
Carole X

12 comments:

  1. Morning Carole, Very pretty and a clever idea.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love,love,love it Carole, absolutely beautiful.
    Thank you from the instructions. Might just make a few of these later.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole.
    oh what a gorgeous bookmark.
    Love the very fab design,and the colours are just fab.
    What a very beautiful stamp, and your have made such a wonderful colour butterfly with it.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole this is a gorgeous creation the corner die is beautiful. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea for the corner bookmark, brilliant Carole! Gorgeous colours and your butterfly is divine! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous idea Carole, I am going to give this a try! I love the gorgeous butterfly, it looks so beautiful on the bookmark - love this! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness what great thinking outside of the box. I just love your corner book mark and the colours are superb. Gorgeous butterfly. Thankyou for fluttering by my #27 challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous! You really nailed our C for Corners theme! Love your beautiful butterfly! The corner die is wonderful - congrats on your win at Bibiana's! Thanks for sharing how you made this awesome bookmark!

    KT Fit Kitty
    Guest Designer
    Butterfly Challenge #27

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! this is so clever and pretty! I want one!!! I think I will be doing it ...thanks for sharing your fab. creations with us and for the inspiration...I am glad to have you at MY #TBT challenge and that you liked the prize! so happy to see this! and thanks for letting me know!
    hugs bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is a gorgeous bookmark. Just adore the zesty colours and delightful butterfly.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous bookmark, what a lovely idea & a great gift to pop in the post. Love that pretty butterfly perched on the corner of the page.
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous bookmark, what a lovely idea & a great gift to pop in the post. Love that pretty butterfly perched on the corner of the page.
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete