Total Pageviews

Sunday 3 May 2015

Those Crazy Ol' Birds #1 - Sunday 3rd May 2015

Hello Friends,


Thank you for stopping by! I'm was so pleased with your comments for the Sneakers card, which was a really fun card to make. 

I think I finally got around all your blogs yesterday....I'm sorry my visits are sporadic with quick comments lately, my valued (but too little!) craft time seems to be increasingly spent on time-consuming projects at the moment...and it be honest, I'm loving it. I just really enjoy taking a lot of time over something. The projects I made for the Eileen Hull post recently really brought that home to me.

This week I have made just one 'card' in three craft sessions, one of which was almost a whole day! Yes you did read that correctly... in truth it's not exactly a card - more a musical exploding box card, made for a wedding we are going to next month.

The bride is the eldest daughter of very good friends and they are a lovely couple, so I wanted to create something extra special...we are seeing her parents today and as it is virtually impossible to post, I wanted to hand it over to them. I will share it with you soon....

I've also been working on a couple of cards for other people; I  still keep getting asked for commissions, but I made the decision last year to not accept any more: I've been doing them for so many years and they take a lot of time, when I would rather be making projects that I really want to make. I used to tell myself that they were good for me because I was designing cards that were, well not exactly out of my comfort zone, but not what I would otherwise have made, but in truth I was finding that I was making so many cards for other people, that my own cards for birthdays etc ended up being very rushed. 

I do have a couple of 'customers' who have always given me a list of cards for the year and I agreed to carry on making for them, otherwise I have strangely found it very empowering to be true to myself and say sorry, but I can't do it!

Fun with Crazy Birds....

Last weekend I received a belated birthday present: Tim Holz's Crazy Birds stamps -  and before I started on the wedding project I made some craft time to play with them, so I made a card with each of the stamps in the set and here is the  first one...they are so quirky and funny, I love them!



 This is a shaker card...I used some lilac/mauve card for the base and inked the edges using Seedless Preserves distress ink. I then took some purple (with a hint of turquoise) patterned paper from stash. The paper was given free with a magazine quite some time ago and was in my 'must use up' box! I tore the edges and added this to the base card. I made the shaker from the same card as the base card and die cut using Spellbinders Classic Rectangles. I used little pink seed beads for the fill.

The flower is made using Spellbinders Carnation Creations, multi-layered and with a button and white twine for the centre. The edges were dusted with Seedless Preserves.

I coloured the bird with a mixture of Chameleon pens and Promarkers and decorated the envelope to match. To finish I die-cut 'Hello' with a Spellbinders D-Lite die.


 That's all for today, I hope you are all having a super Bank Holiday weekend(if you are in UK of course, but a super weekend to all!)...we had Friday off so spent the day in Cirencester, yesterday we had a mooch around Tetbury...the fields around here are all carpeted in yellow from the rapeseed plants, absolutely beautiful! Today we are seeing our friends and tomorrow, may be a trip to Bath, I am still looking for something to wear to the wedding!

Love and Hugs,
Carole X 

13 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is an amazing card the little bird is so cute. I am still doing commissions and wedding invites it is strange trying to interpret what other people want. I hope that one day I will be making my daughter's wedding stationery and after that I think I will finish. I am looking forward to seeing some of your bigger projects. It would be so nice to meet up sometime. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quirky and cute. Love the colors you went with here and the envelope is as cute as the card. I have been otherwise extremely busy and apologize for being quick with my comments also.Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole,
    oh what a very fab creation.
    Love that fab bird with attitude, and he is coloured so well.
    Beautiful colour choices, and another of those superb flowers.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Carole! Amazing job colouring your crazy bird and I love that you did a matching envelope! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carole, once again your love for birds is shining through. You have coloured this little birdie so vibrantly and I love the shaker card design.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you Carole, saying no is not easy but sometimes we just need to take time for ourselves. I do love the crazy birds and the one you are showing today is my favourite, he really makes me smile! I love your gorgeous flower too. Hope you are having a lovely weekend. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love these crazy birds ....great shaker card and lovely colouring .. It is hard to say no at times

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Carole,
    Great card, very vibrant.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant card Carole, I love that "crazy bird" and your beautiful flower.
    It's hard to say "no" but once you have said it it makes you feel so much better in yourself.
    have a great day
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to see photos of the exploding box card!! I love the shaker card, I am on the fence about the Tim stamps, they are everywhere right now and I can't decide if they are scaring me or not (I find birds slightly scary..I know its like I am 5) Thanks for the Anniversary wishes - 2 years goes fast right?! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there Carole - yup it is me not just a figment of your imagination! I have just been looking over some of your previous posts but before I go on to that I want to say I think this birdy image is great, I've even seen a few like him on Planet Susie - the birds are all those lovely colours - lol! Nice touch to have also put him on the envelope. I checked out how the girls were doing and am very sorry to read about Bella, that was truly sad. I love the look of Tilda though, she seems to be extremely smart and am glad Cara has a new friend. Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. great card and the colors too! hope all is well. keep on crafting and enjoying it that is the essential
    hugs bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowwwww Carole ,I love the cute and funny bird and coloring,,,,and your flower is great,,,,,what a amazing card this one,

    ReplyDelete